Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

oh oh oh brainstorm dan if you could put another muffler maybe the same type or a different one on the y split and try running it with both on it makes sense that with two mufflers it should be just as quiet if not more and still less restrictive of airflow just a idea try it out please im curious
Old 11-30-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAlaskan View Post
oh oh oh brainstorm dan if you could put another muffler maybe the same type or a different one on the y split and try running it with both on it makes sense that with two mufflers it should be just as quiet if not more and still less restrictive of airflow just a idea try it out please im curious
not to mention badass looking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:20 PM
Staff

Big time! thanks WA. That is a great thunk. The blow bags come in 2 sizes and also in canvas. (is cool enough by the time exhaust gets to end. lol right up there with "hey y'all, watch this" which often ends with answering the question "what brings you to the ER today?") Can't wait to try that. Not the ER part, lol

Not to go all the way OT, but does any one have a thought on how to make or buy a sound measuring tool? The real muffler is 2ce as loud in person but the same on vids. Any thought would be welcomed big time.

Wanted to say again Skarrd, thanks for posting this thread. Great idea and look forward to seeing what is posted every day. Also, I have been copy and pasting my posts to my own build thread and for once know where to find and am keeping up with notes for my self. Normally have a bunch of little pcs of paper that make no sense and are incomplete.

I think this is the fastest going, posted thread. Just cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-30-2010, 03:27 PM

@dan, your welcome! ^-^

i went out and measured my rear hub, curious if i can get a sprocket adapter. sadly no, it's too small.

then i found spooky sells a cnc'd clamp that replaces the rag joint. think i may get that and a 36t sprocket

Quote:
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Staff

would that be the pineapple thing, Skarrd? I really want to try one. The torque of the HF is eating spokes.

Please post results.

Can't you get one from Manic (Jim) If I remember correctly, he will make em to order. His work is awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-30-2010, 03:43 PM

I turned the bolts around on my rear sprocket. It wasn't a problem for me but it was just driving my neighbor nuts. They needed tightened up anyway (100 mile checkup).
Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
would that be the pineapple thing, Skarrd? I really want to try one. The torque of the HF is eating spokes.

Please post results.

Can't you get one from Manic (Jim) If I remember correctly, he will make em to order. His work is awesome
Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Pineapple Sprocket Mounts

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

make sure you have a 3 cross spoke pattern for that adapter. i build all mine with 4 (sometimes 5, if i wanna get really old school bmx on it.)
Old 12-01-2010, 09:32 AM

Fabricating a new chain tensioner (one that attaches to the upper and lower bar). Not sure if I will use it or not. If I decide to sell the bike I'll probably install it so the buyer will have some chain control as they break it in.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Last night I went to check on the drive sprocket and mounts I had painted over the weekend. The paint had wrinkled and lifted in places. Not sure if it was the weather or incompatible paint and primer. Regardless will need to strip and repaint, this time I'll make sure my paint is compatible with the primer though. As far as work done, I worked on mocking up my front leaf spring fork. I think I have it figured out fairly well now and I got the leaves of my spring cut and shaped. Also trial fit my motor for the first time and discovered I'll have to fab up a front motor mount that spaces it out from the down tube. Now I have to decide if I want to make a spacer which I imagine will make head stays a necessity or if I want to add another tubular member that may provide a secure enough mount not to require stays on on the head. Finally stripped a little of my frame just to see how difficult it was going to be.... paint on it came off pretty easy so that job shouldn't be too bad when the time comes.

Last edited by Jax2A; 12-01-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner