Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Gutter Rider

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I actually have been up to as much 60 miles an hour on a few occasions. I never do any balancing tire wise my rims and wheels are meticulously straight as a whistle. Something I am very amendment about. I can honestly say I have never noticed any balancing problems. Quite the contrary I think the slime product balances them for me. I would not use it other wise.

Short of having sheet metal for a tire liner I just don't see kevlar helping with the stuff I picked up this summer?

Just like these. It will work just like those bolt on rings they use on semis.
Balancing ring - US Patent 5466049 Description I think anyway. Some tires simply cannot be balanced if they are out of round wheel/tire nutun will help.

I dunno what the so called fix0 flat is about these days? but I remember it growing up it was worthless. We had even tried it on our basket balls. Nothing like catching those when they have landed somewhere wrong lol. I tried just about every thing when I was a kid.

On a better note I played with my carby a little too much . I made a new jet hard to explain. I chucked up a virgin jet I had observing my old main jet. I had a tiny drill bit straight in my drill and gently wobbled my hole in until it was a tad larger where my old jet was before I made it too large. So in a sense the hole in the new modified jet is smaller in the center and larger at the edges. Darnedest thing I think the fuel is atomizing better now! Runs really well!

I am getting ready to start constructing my S6C water kewled Morini full sus bike project soon! I got my parts for it slowly adding up.

I just recently met a guy in the south valley here that has a machine shop too. There is a huge 4 tons in weight I helped him move with a fork lift ''Hydraulic Pipe Bending machine! We will be building a race car there and some stock cars. There is laths and a milling machine there too. Plus better welders than my own!
Old 09-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Resident Mad Scientist

Filled the old peanut, which I am using for a temp tank, and fired up the Higgins! Took a quick spin around the block. Man, what a rush after nearly a year of being away!!!

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 09-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Carb started pouring fuel.
Against my own better judgement I took it off and started taking it apart at night under a streetlamp. I told myself I was more likely to lose some irreplaceable part than actually get it running with the few tools I carry.
Turns out the floats in that gas well or pool at the bottom of the carburetor had come off it's hinge. the pin that attaches it poured out with the fuel. I slid it on and was back on the road minutes later.

EDIT:
Question: Is this common? has anyone else hadthis happen?
It's a Grubee shyhawk with about 150 miles on it.

Last edited by KDB; 09-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Still doing minor tweaking. Spring seat, Inverted my bars and gooseneck. Way more comfy now.

Found out that 3/4" copper elbows fit on the NT carb perfectly. Might get to use my air filter yet.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:12 PM

wandered if i could ride my bike all the way to manitou from my house sucess was a great ride just cruise the whole way thier
Old 09-24-2011, 11:32 PM

Took mine for ride to do socializin-jst got back....my summer 48cc Bridgestone just hauled like nobodys buisness..had to keep easing back to slow down- the carb on it has no gass air ratio set screw like my 35 has. It's preset at factory to give maximum power at certain RPM. -will not let me go slow-kicks back at me -have to gun it and then it kicks in and I get nothing but power and speed-real smooth.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 AM

KDB had the same thing happen to me. Wire let go in the float hinge. I think I fixed it with a clip I made that goes around the two holes. So far so good.

mike
Old 09-25-2011, 02:05 AM

broke my carb flanges and intake. gotta buy a new carb and offset intake or billet.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:24 PM

Today was install day for a pair of http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=12350 Al.Fisherman clutch rollers. The install only took a few minutes per bike, and went quite smoothly. On the wife's bike the cable is long enough and the set-up was perfect first try. On my beast I had to sort out the cable routing a bit, took about an inch and a quarter off the end of the sheath and retipped it to get me the slack I needed for the clutch to work properly. Now both are smooth as silk, and on mine it takes a single finger to pull the lever now. On hers it takes a little more effort, but it's still under it's first 100 miles so the cables haven't stretched much yet.

Thanks for the rollers, Ron, great work!

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 09-26-2011, 12:59 AM

Did a quick ride to the store and everything went flawlessly. Had good power from the start, after a couple of blocks I turned the choke off and it pulled grate. I have been having some problems with it missing at random intervals before, so its made me leery about going on a longer ride. Tomorrow I am going back to school and I guess I will try for a twelve mile run up a steep set of hills an back.

I will let you folks know how it went tomorrow.

mike

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner