Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:47 AM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
Ain't no doggie that can catch me lolz - fleeing in terror from cranky canines my specialty

LOL BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipharley View Post
Dan,What the heck is that black thing a ****** bag?
Is a plumbers blow-bag. It is used to unclog pipes. You attach a garden hose to one end and put it in a clogged pipe. When the water gets turned on, it expands sealing off the pipe. It has a small hole in the front that like a high pressure squirt gun or power washer tip, shoots a small stream of water forward. Blocked aft by the expanded body. RiverSide :: blowBag muffler video by dan3xd - Photobucket
20 bucks at HomeDepot and 7 at HF. Works great! Way better then those fancy store bought mufflers the kids today are using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

I'm new, but I'll play...
This weekend I sacrificed a low end mountain bike for my 63 Columbia build. Using the black aluminum wheels and some of the shift mechanisms to make it a 5 speed on pedal power. Incorporated the upper chain stays and part of the drop outs to make part of the fork set up for my home brew leaf-springer front end. Painted the motor sprocket to be mounted in the wheel. Roughed out a wooden buck to make a gas tank that will fit between the tubes because I hated the look of the kit tank perched on top of the top tube. Oh yea, started refurbing a old seat I bought at a swap meet for fifty cents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruf tank buck in frame.jpg (41.0 KB, 61 views)
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax2A View Post
I'm new, but I'll play...
This weekend I sacrificed a low end mountain bike for my 63 Columbia build. Using the black aluminum wheels and some of the shift mechanisms to make it a 5 speed on pedal power. Incorporated the upper chain stays and part of the drop outs to make part of the fork set up for my home brew leaf-springer front end. Painted the motor sprocket to be mounted in the wheel. Roughed out a wooden buck to make a gas tank that will fit between the tubes because I hated the look of the kit tank perched on top of the top tube. Oh yea, started refurbing a old seat I bought at a swap meet for fifty cents.
Oh man, she is gonna be cool! Great DIYing Jax.

Forgot to say hello and welcome Jax

Last edited by Dan; 11-29-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot 2 say
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Had an awesome Sunday with her. Just sort of dusted and cleaned her up. Got a garden hose splitter so as to try both a real muffler vs the blow bag. Is amazing how much quieter the blow bag is. With the splitter, can open both outlets for free exhaust and partial muffle or go full muffler. Second pic is just muffler run st8 from pipe.

EMT/conduit, plumbing and hose parts work awesome for this mix an' matching. On and off by hand.
that is great i especialy like the fact you can trun the valve and use it like a straight pip no muffler
Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

was once told that the threading in most of those mufflers is the same as emt fittings just wondering if yours had internal threads or not where the muffler attaches?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM

Oh also torqued all my bolts back down made a muffler gasket, did some mild porting on the exhaust and intake manifold, put a HD shimano weinmann wheel on, and a #41 chain. Just can't figure out what the noise is above 21 kinda loping (i think that's how it's spelled) noise
Old 11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Staff

Really works great WA. The threaded male end, on the end of the pipe is held on with a screw and cost .80 cents or some thing. Meant to get a 3 way garden hose spigot today and forgot. Was to nice to stop ridding! But that will give exhaust a st8 shot out or allow me to try a third type of muffler. lol, a tad addicted, eh?

Today after work and a fact finding tour for us (the mber world) Went to test the "real" muffler. (read, long ride to relax) Is louder but being aft of the rider, makes no more noise for the rider. But was a lot better then the st8 pipe alone. But pretty much went for a ride and watched the sun set over my baby. Got artsi with the bat-cam. She so pretty with the sun setting on her.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1129001550.jpg (91.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 1129001548.jpg (152.3 KB, 58 views)

Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Staff

Howdy Bear. I typed that hrs ago and did not see your post. Yeppers, 3/4 emt mates right up to garden hose and plumbing fittings. Really liking the ease of them all. Now have to work on finding a way to hide the threading and bolting.
For that muffler with male end, bought a 3/4 female union. But goes on the hose spigot too.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 PM

saw where you had mentioned splitting a copper fitting i think? to get the job done was the reason behind the statement/question btw any one happen to know what size a stock china girl muffler is wanna extend mine just hope it's not some strange mm size
Old 11-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Fixed some air leaks on a new engine and matched the ports...

http://motorbicycling.com/f52/basics...tml#post237700

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner