Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

LOL! I can't tell the story but was a fun night out but turns out I look really, really bad and was sought for and collected at 3AM. Even the dawg gave me a funny look this morning.

But the duct taped head light and beat back together clutch all worked flawlessly. They were both happily sitting in the front yard this morning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 09-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
... I've walked a bike home when half out of my tree. That's always better than getting charged with impaired.... for sure.
Been there, done that. The last time a few of us from work stopped out for a quick one on the way home some guy on the patio (where my bike was) goes "You know, it's still Impaired if you're on a bike." I said, "Yep, but all I have to do is get my bike to that bus stop (on the other side of the fence), and the bus'll take us both to about 100 feet from my house." Seemed to shut him up. I haven't tried travelling around on the transit system here with it since the motor went on, but I doubt there'll be a problem with the bike racks on the busses here since they're external/front mounted.

-=-

Any day that starts with a good ride is already a better day, and a bad day riding still beats a good day working.

My Builds: My Beast, Harley59's bike, my Cruiser
Old 09-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Gutter Rider

Well shoot!
It seems like someone is bucking for the task of going to see the fella in the black robe over sauced MABbing... NOT gud!
It's a no win situation, buddy...

Here in the wonderful state of Kalifornia they will reel you in off a bicycle.
No doubt about it.
and the charge will stick.
there ARE no dismissals. Period.

MOF, over many years I have seen them arrest and incarcerate for drunk driving when A PASSENGER was in the vicinity of a vehicle... NOT even HIS!

Far be it for me to advise anyone to exercise caution.
It's a matter of odds.
Y'know... mathematics.
Sooner or later they add up to something you may not want.

Generally LESS money and a vacation.

Been there.
Done that.

I moved my tore up motorized bicycle 6ft today so I could get at my kid's mtb to make some repairs on it. Adjustments, really... Google up 'giant brass' and have a look at the chain guides they run to keep the chain at the front sprocket.
Can't say I'm really sold on their system, but it's interesting how they used a couple rollers on an odd V bracket mounted on the BB.
Maybe something like it could be used for chain tension on an HT???

Best
rc
Old 09-03-2011, 05:45 PM

I have been getting tired of my tools rattling around in my rear basket so I made up a box to put everything in. Also bought this black and decker drill yesterday! Also ordered some drill to socket adapters. Made the box out of a FEMA box the national guards game us from that tornado. These MREs go for 80 bucks a box! So yea I zip tied cut box together and cut some fome I hade laying around, pretty good results for free.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Gutter Rider

Hauled home to gallons of Water, two gallons of Rocky Road Ice cream, one gallon of Milk, Bacon, Tortillas and two movies from the Red Box. Power from the M. It never knew the difference the added weight was even there...

Went shopping for a new home fridge today had to replace the old one. Now I can celebrate beens and tortillas again!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Staff

That is purty cool Acraze. How did you cut the foam out?

Great pic with your helper in the back. Or is (S)he supervising or just hoping for an empty box to play/nap in?

Old 09-04-2011, 02:31 AM

Question Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I saw a thread here about mb's on busses. A lot of folks were saying the bus companies ban them bc. of the gas tanks. One rider made an adapter to use empty soda bottles as fuel tanks, to get home after riding the bus. I don't think they'll take happytime bikes, (how does it fit?) but you should call them and see before depending on the bus.
The good thing about mb's though, is that most fit in a pickup truck. I bet you have a friend or can make one that can give you a lift as Designated Driver, cheaper than a cab. If not cheaper (I'd be surprised if taxi cos. will let you put gas bikes in their vans), at least you would be keeping the money local. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTripps View Post
Been there, done that. The last time a few of us from work stopped out for a quick one on the way home some guy on the patio (where my bike was) goes "You know, it's still Impaired if you're on a bike." I said, "Yep, but all I have to do is get my bike to that bus stop (on the other side of the fence), and the bus'll take us both to about 100 feet from my house." Seemed to shut him up. I haven't tried travelling around on the transit system here with it since the motor went on, but I doubt there'll be a problem with the bike racks on the busses here since they're external/front mounted.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Staff

Ya gave me an idea Happy. I keep a bike carrier in the cars for break downs and pay day Friday nights just for that reason. But thinking about a custom or light one that can be stowed on the back of a bike that on the bike. Could also be used for cargo on the bike.

Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 AM

GH, If your bike can haul that new fridge home I will be waaaay beyond amazed.
It already sounds like quite the pack mule. If I ever get another 2-stroke it'll be a Morini for sure.

Does not come with a fortune cookie."
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Gutter Rider

...reply to above...

Yah, NO flammables on the public transport buses here in Kalifornia.
and that probably goes for anywhere under DOT control.

I'd imagine you could do an E-bike, though.

Many years ago I watched a bus driver refuse a passenger who had just come from a pet store with something? in a bag... The driver was saying, 'NO, not on MY bus!'

and I understand.... Captain of the ship, and all.
rc

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner