Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.charlie View Post
Sh&t..i just looked at the Texaco thermometer out here in the garage..yikes! its 68*....had to go an get a hooded sweatshirt an put dungarees on ...started gettin some shrinkage.............

YouTube - Cartman - screw you guys.wmv

LOL, I swear not one beer was killed in posting this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

i would like to know i got a zone 8 motor and a nothier compney has the same parts can i used them taking my cdi coil yesterday was going down the street and my bike died i can put my hand on the plug wheh its out and pull nothing no shock so i dont know if its my cdi coil or magneto one compey has it 10 dollars cheaper and one of my spring on the arms magneto of the pull start i found that at the bottom of the motor if any one knows where to get them plese let me know thanks edangel
Old 11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

My grips came lose and I dont have anymore grip lock so I used some safety wire or mechanics wire to get them nice and snug on the handlebars.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RH Grip.jpg (52.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg RH Grip-1.jpg (45.2 KB, 37 views)
Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
dan, most of those gloves are fleece lined. which becomes totally useless (and cold) when wet.

i go for the real thing: Body Glove 3mm EX3 Gloves 1621 with reviews at scuba.com

climbing steel towers all day would destroy them in a coupla weeks, so another trick i used was to buy those cheap brown gloves from 7-11 or liquor stores for like 2.99, (like these: Gloves - Buckhorn Industrial, Inc.) and wear them over the thinner warm water gloves.

sport chalet, REI, and other big sporting goods stores usually have a good selection.

Finally a glove Idea I will try!! I have road through every winter there was here. I have had good luck with mechanic gloves and another glove on top. This is the hardest thing I ever solved. A guy stuck on a tower above the Earth with froze stiff hands would definitely look into the problem

Thanks! I will look into this! I have been meaning to try the Scuba gloves..
Old 11-28-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave31 View Post
My grips came lose and I dont have anymore grip lock so I used some safety wire or mechanics wire to get them nice and snug on the handlebars.
heard cheap hairspray is good for holding them also
Old 11-28-2010, 06:25 PM

After Having leaks in the same place on two gas tanks, I used an epoxy compound to seal the leak called PC-7. Both tanks leaked where the studs met the tank. I also replaced the carb with a NT carb and installed my rear kick stand. I will give it a ride tomorrow and see if I can hit the 40 MPH mark. With previous carb, before the float connectors got bent, I was losing power at 34 MPH. Now that I have everything as I like it, I'm getting a little antsy. I just can't find anything else to buy for it. I would really like a light set that would have about 5-600 lumen without spending 500 bucks.

Cheers
Kelly
Old 11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Staff

Had an awesome Sunday with her. Just sort of dusted and cleaned her up. Got a garden hose splitter so as to try both a real muffler vs the blow bag. Is amazing how much quieter the blow bag is. With the splitter, can open both outlets for free exhaust and partial muffle or go full muffler. Second pic is just muffler run st8 from pipe.

EMT/conduit, plumbing and hose parts work awesome for this mix an' matching. On and off by hand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1128001444.jpg (130.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg 1128001607.jpg (99.9 KB, 60 views)

Old 11-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Staff

off topic alert. I never realized how much the muffler affects the way dogs react to a MB. Experimenting today with the rubber blow bag and splitter alone, dogs barely looked up at me going by. Just saying in case it would help any one who lives by nervous or angry dogs.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Ain't no doggie that can catch me lolz - fleeing in terror from cranky canines my specialty

As far as "what did ya do to your motorized bicycle today" ...well... I put gas in it, which actually is a bit of an event lol - I managed to not even spill any w00t!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Had an awesome Sunday with her. Just sort of dusted and cleaned her up. Got a garden hose splitter so as to try both a real muffler vs the blow bag. Is amazing how much quieter the blow bag is. With the splitter, can open both outlets for free exhaust and partial muffle or go full muffler. Second pic is just muffler run st8 from pipe.

EMT/conduit, plumbing and hose parts work awesome for this mix an' matching. On and off by hand.
Dan,What the heck is that black thing a ****** bag?

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner