Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Gutter Rider

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Picking up woman?

snork, snicker .
Nah, I was on a drug run...

Picked up my meds at the clinic. The girls were happy to see me though.
Gave me more durn wacky stuff than I could carry so I got a bag and tape from 'em to strap it on the bars. They fell off. Had to do a turn-around and go back after em! Murphy.

The girls got me scheduled for tests up in the next town... not sure if I'm bold enough to take the ht 10 miles one way yet. maybe after I get it jetted right and some kinda chain lube on it. Gotta hop on the fwy for a ramp to ramp for about two miles because there is no other road... That'll go over like a whoopee cushion in a pew! The chippie shop is at the following ramp, which is the same street as my testing is on.

Too big to hide, too fat to be a dancer, and now I gotta plan for a couple passes by the local donut eater's command center! Murphy, again.
I'll write a letter to guvnor Moonbeam and ask for a pardon, I guess... medical necessity.
Do they still give yah a free letter each week???
rc
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 PM
Gutter Rider

Really Really got my fingers crossed at the moment. Ran into a guy at a motorcycle shop today that raced go carts. He said he had not done anything with his go carts in ages. Said he had a big honking shoe box full of Dellorto's!

What this means for me? They are are prolly already custom jetted to my altitude. Crossed fingers part? Mebbe he will give them to me! Man I hope so cause it will be hard to pass this up? The stuff I run into in this hobby lol!

Just called him will prolly know in a couple of hours waiting for a call back. Suspense is Killing me!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Today I road up top one of the highest places in town. it's in the West hills of Portland and its beautiful scenery.The weather was just perfect right in the 70s. Plus, lots of trees, beautiful homes and friendly people. I didn't get any negative response. I went up to see an old friend but it turned out that he wasn't home. I think it was about a 25 mile ride. And the bike went flawlessly. I didn't have to pedal a little bit in places, like crosswalks and sometimes I got on the sidewalk. I also turned the motor off and went in "stealth mode" around a few police cars when they had somebody pulled over. I tried not to tempt fate.

All in all I would say today was a great day.

Mike
Old 08-04-2011, 10:57 PM

That sounds like a nice ride Mike.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Gutter Rider

That DOES sound like a nice ride, Mike!

I only made a couple short hops to the post office and to the market.
NEED to hook up my kill button. :-( pedal coasted up to a stop in a good spot and passed by a nice young lady, sitting at an outside table with here daughter, eating a pizza. Aargghh. NOT good. I said excuse me as I passed by, with the motor idling, and spoke to her pleasantly abt the bike as I finished my business and apologized again for passing by her lunch table with my chain saw.
She was happy enough.

Some free samples of hummus and pita outside the pizza joint... I went in to ask abt it and say tnx and discovered a real cutie working in there! lol

...Sounds like a good deal in the works for the carbs, GH !
I'd like to have a nice carby with an adjustable hi-speed jet. Gosh that would be nice!

No carbs, but I drug home THIS...
I'll repair the frame, spruce it up and paint it and sell it on Craigslist so I can get more ht parts. lol Gonna keep that back drive wheel with the sprocket and chain to make a pusher trailer. Got a pair of old kart wheels w/slicks out somewhere in the pile to throw in with the frame when I sell it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kart1.jpg (87.0 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Gutter Rider

Now there is a fun looking project! A push trailer looks like a nice distraction! Kind of a bummer still have not heard back from the guy. I will patiently wait. I just ran into him today. I called him once he sounded busy said he would check in a couple of hours. Then I called again no answer.

He may have a cluttered garage like mine lol. said he had to look for them. I still feel pretty optimistic from the first conversation. There is definitely got to be something good in that.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Gutter Rider

A personal visit with a 40 goes over pretty well when I'm collecting excess. :-)
Good luck
rc
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 AM

Smile Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

There are rubber "carb boots" available for about $15, that mount a 33mm motorcycle carb on a Briggs & Stratton engine.

You might like this! I put a NT Speed carb on a 5hp briggs tiller, and I plan to use a similar engine on a bike pusher trailer sometime.

video of tiller in action
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Really Really got my fingers crossed at the moment. Ran into a guy at a motorcycle shop today that raced go carts. He said he had not done anything with his go carts in ages. Said he had a big honking shoe box full of Dellorto's!

What this means for me? They are are prolly already custom jetted to my altitude. Crossed fingers part? Mebbe he will give them to me! Man I hope so cause it will be hard to pass this up? The stuff I run into in this hobby lol!

Just called him will prolly know in a couple of hours waiting for a call back. Suspense is Killing me!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 AM

shopped for cone wrenches. 4th day in a row. I just want to lube my hub bearings, but the only place I found flat wrenches was at Harbor Freight in a $49 set.

On a better note, since my local bike shop owner didn't have the wrenches in stock he said I could probably bring it in & talk the guys into doing it for free. Gotta love local independent businesses. I should have checked there first.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

1. Started cutting pletscher double leg kickstand to size; cut past the 270mm mark, which ended up being too short! deciding whether I can see it any use for it or not... {tsk-tsk}
  2. Shortened all chains (shift kit, bicycle drive, etc). Mounted chains onto designated areas.
  3. Drilled handlebar for throttle set pin and mounted throttle.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner