Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Rode to work today. The 34t first gear works like a charm. Yesterday, my bike rode up the steep hill with no problems. At work, i bought the electronic card key to activate the "arm" for the building parking access. Since the sensor is about 30 feet from the ramp, I get a running start now. The bike climbs the ram so well that I can even shift out of first gear before reaching the top.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Cool 5-7. Nice pic rc, gotta love riding next to the water. 99cc Dan? That'll be nuts!

Got my chrome engine temp mounted to my grocery-getter to start breaking it in before the new bike comes in(dang rainchecks). Fired up in 10 feet. I'm almost to the point where I know what I'm doing, heh heh. (Another year, or two, lol!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00185.JPG (76.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-03-2011, 07:29 PM

port matched the exhaust on my 2nd 29" onyx cruiser today. (ht engine). bought some arnold1 oil today to try. (Opti-2)
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
Cool 5-7. Nice pic rc, gotta love riding next to the water. 99cc Dan? That'll be nuts!

Got my chrome engine temp mounted to my grocery-getter to start breaking it in before the new bike comes in(dang rainchecks). Fired up in 10 feet. I'm almost to the point where I know what I'm doing, heh heh. (Another year, or two, lol!)
Lookin' good Killer. Really like the way the chrome looks.

Looking forward to playing with the 99cc, should be fun!

Yeppers, know what you mean about the growing confidence and "knowing what your doing" Is just a cool feeling. Not self debasing humor or any thing like that but I really don't know what I am doing but no longer worry about it. But starting a build now is a joy not a "am I gonna die on this thing if I mess it up?" LOL.

Is just more fun too! Takes me at least 3 or 4 times as long to do a build now then my first one. Really is a joy building em in a relaxed manor and do know what ya mean. Great confidence builder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Gutter Rider

I know what you mean Dan. My first bike was a china motor on a cheep department store bike. I was working 12 hour days at the time. I put it together late into the night and first thing into the morning.

Before I went for my first ride I gave it some thought ''true story'' and went to the restroom for # 2. Figured the least I could do is save the paramedics from cleaning my shorts lol.

I did not know how this pig was gonna do? Darn thing fired right up totally surprised with kewl power to me at the time. Went around the block checked chain alignment etc.

I road that darn thing all day into the night. I loved it. I then started with the usual Newbie stuff. Been hooked ever since.

Now the fun part is planning them as much fun as riding them.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Staff

" Figured the least I could do is save the paramedics from cleaning my shorts lol."

Har Goatster! That is funny.

The exact second I finished my first build, (which ran for about 12 seconds before I drove the tensioner into the spokes) I look at this thing and marvel how beautiful she is. Then get this weird and scary thought. "what if she won't start?" then even more worrisome, "what if she does?" LOL

Yeppers, most nights I go to sleep and wake up trying to figure some design out.

Not kidding, Carol's Mom asked her what I do out in the garage until 2am some times and if I was on drugs!

.....ya might be a MBer... snork

(Carol replied; "He is happy, in his element and not sitting in a bar some where. Which was cool to hear. That she was truly OK with my obsession, er. I mean hobby)

Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Staff

Hey! Just noticed this thread is about to go over 2,000 posts!

Has to be a record. Will try and look it up.

Really great idea Skarrd! Is a fun and very informative one, fer sure.

At 2K posts, we should all hum "riding dirty" at noon or some thing, lol

Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Today, I built my first bike. Got the china girl in the mail on monday, got the bike wednesday morning from a craig's list seller (30 bucks, all it really needed was air in the tires and some gear shifter adjustments!) and had a complete build by 9 o'clock PM, after running into several issues which I'll probably make a thread about thursday after work (complete build, my issues, and my workarounds), then ate dinner/breakfast (was too excited about my bike. I didn't even think about eating until I had actually completed it and it was dinner time, nothing like having your first meal of the day after 9 PM, haha!) then rode it around for a while after dinner. Man was today a good day!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Staff

Awesome Spaz. Post lots of pics.

LOL, if ya forget to eat due to being to excited about a build, ya might be a MBer.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

1. Purchased 1/8" ID fuel line at lawn mower parts store (It's the wrong size! So I gotta go back tomorrow and buy 3/16.")
  2. Traced and cut out carburetor gaskets from rubber gasket paper. I also traced and cut an exhaust gasket out of an aluminum sheet. I proceeded then to mount both the carburetor and the exhaust onto the motorized bicycle.
  3. Fabricated muffler clamp out of u-bolt, aluminum stock, pipe clamp, and some nuts&bolts.

I should be finished at least with the bike aspect by tomorrow! The lighting is a whole separate issue! You're never absolutely finished in this hobby. There's always something that can be enhanced or improved upon!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner