Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
Please enlighten me how a cover equalizes pressure on the seal as the sealing action of crank seals primarily from crankcase pressure inflating the inner wall slightly expanding the ribbed surface to seal on the crank.I don't think there is enough internal pressure in the clutch compartment to affect the seal at all. The only reason there is a gasket on either the clutch cover or mag is keep out water which is detrimental to both.
By the grace of allah and the seal on my clutch cover I was able to run on a blown seal 30 miles to get home. Without that clutch cover on it wouldn't even idle. Trust me, not blowing smoke - that's all experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96gcKODYJY
Old 07-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Cool Mark, thank you.

Hey, I will start a thread but would like to ask for your thoughts (and every one's) I would like to design a rear, center kick stand. HD for our heaver bikes but that could be made with simple tools. I have a pretty good idea on how to go about what I would like but have a drill press and mill. But thinking with some thought, could be done with a drill and some hardware parts. Actually, would be a cool thread to do with every thing that can be DIY'ed parts. To make wide frame adapters, I have a piece of cardboard with 3 bolts hanging from it. Ya put the middle bolt on the opposite side of a piece of flat stock in a vise and makes a perfect half moon shape. A thread on stuff like that for folks who like the DIY thing or folks on a tight budget. (lol, ya know, all of us)

I really enjoy the group effort thing when designing. Is a lot of fun and with this stuff, always ends up working out well.

I think most every thing DIY is here some where and findable, but be cool to have a central thread for that sort of thing.

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/diy-pa...tml#post311210

Diy thread with simple tools is a good thread idea count me in...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
Diy thread with simple tools is a good thread idea count me in...
Awesome Mark, TY. Was just sitting here staring at a bike and contemplating it.

Be kinda cool as it could help out the community. Was also thinking it would make for some great articles for your magazine. I have all but given up on mine. No submissions so far. I should send you what I have collected. Is not much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 07-29-2011, 03:33 PM

started working on making the motor mount for the pocket bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Got out for a boot with the new trailer today, that was fun. When she was empty on the way to the grocery store, I went a little too fast around a turn and she flipped on her side. Didn't bind the bike at all, just made some noise. So hopped off and righted her, and lesson learned.

If it was to be pure bin all the time, i'd drop the supports a foot and set the bin into it. But I want to be able to haul bikes and lumber, so I can learn to slow down, lol.

Grabbed $100 of groceries and didn't fill half the bin. Normally I'd be hanging bags off the side of the milk crate with thick copper wire.... So much easier now.

Plus, I must've given out 8 cards today to people wanting to chat about the combo. Met this one cool dude at the store who had a trike with an old bar chair for a seat. Heh heh, I said "You should motorize that thing", but he didn't know how or where, so, *boom* Card, "check this site out".

Whicked day!

Last edited by killercanuck; 07-29-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Installed a speedo on my bike. It wrong because it will say 30 mph when I'm cursing
At 12ish. Also installed 2 more rear lights and 4 in the front. In a few days I will have turn signals.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM

took the motorless bicycle for a test ride (I need to adjust the brakes & shifter cable)
cleaned out the gas tank
laid out the sprocket parts for tomorrow's work
made a shopping list for stuff I'll need to prep the motor according to Bikeguy Joe's guide
Old 07-30-2011, 01:24 PM

I guess it wasnt what I did to the bike but more what it did to me on the way home from the store about 10 minutes ago... I was cruising along at about 35 when I hear an awful racket all of a sudden and looked down to see the engine flopping side to side... seems that it sheared both front mount bolts off of the SBP universal mount and was holding on by the rear mount only. I didn't miss a beat though never even stopped and propped the engine in place with the heel of my left foot and continued the last quarter mile home at reduced speed LOL... Have to wait till the thing cools down to see what all got broke. Kinda burnt the pee wadlins out of my left calf though when it touched the head.

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 07-30-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Gutter Rider

I got a new S6-C-competition 11.3 hp water cooled Morini sitting at my feet and a 21 mm carb coming from a fellow forum member. Been looking at the spec sheet on it pretty cool has a dyno chart with it.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
I got a new S6-C-competition 11.3 hp water cooled Morini sitting at my feet and a 21 mm carb coming from a fellow forum member. Been looking at the spec sheet on it pretty cool has a dyno chart with it.
Awesome is that the 900 buck engine? I'm scared that would be too much torque for any bicycle I buy. Im looking at the one that's 600 bones, heh I can dream.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner