Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

When I have to tip the bike on it's side for transportation, of flip it over for repairs. I turn off the fuel, run the gas out of the carb. Then I put a plastic bag over the tank, and put the gas cap back in. The plastic bag seals it off and no gas leaks out.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisme View Post
When I have to tip the bike on it's side for transportation, of flip it over for repairs. I turn off the fuel, run the gas out of the carb. Then I put a plastic bag over the tank, and put the gas cap back in. The plastic bag seals it off and no gas leaks out.
I do that with my coffee go cup when I'm on a long ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J96gcKODYJY
Old 06-16-2011, 05:43 PM

did more work on the chopper bike. managed to cut the head tube down enough to accept a standard threadless fork, would have liked the steer tube to be a tad longer but it'll work. then fabbed up a holder for the gas tank (using one of those camp stove bottles) waiting for the jb weld to dry then to put the motor together and on the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-7HEAVEN View Post
The last time I needed to, I plugged the gas cap and flipped the bike upside down.

Maybe that would work for you too.
That is cool 5-7! Would never have thought of that. Could find an empty soda bottle or some thing so ya could drain the gas.

Most of my bikes are 4 smokes. Any one know if the oil would cause much of a problem from leaking into the combustion chamber? I am only guessing some would and would smoke like crazy for a bit. But (and really am just guessing here) but thinking it would be OK?

KC, am so glad to read every one is OK and the fire was just stuff. Not that that isn't a big 'ol bummer in it self, but every one is OK.

Been meaning to PM you. You had said your shop gets real warm and faces west. I got this idea for a solar powered heat exhaust/drag in cool air. Is just some ABS pipe. As the sun heats it, it creates a vacuum in the room. The only air available to replace it comes from insulated pipe that is run under ground but sucks in from open air inlet. Ya make the opening constricted so as the air expands, it cools.

Cool part, the hotter and sunnier it gets, the more it works. Tools required. Hole saw, ABS, abs glue and a shovel.

AC powered by the sun. Easy, peaseey and free. (I love free, snork)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 06-16-2011, 06:02 PM

Dan - you should be fine as long as long as your oil level's not too high.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuctTapedGoat View Post
Dan - you should be fine as long as long as your oil level's not too high.
Cool DTGoat. TY. Gonna try it and will report.

LOL, blew up more dang HF engines trying stuff. But learned a bunch. (mostly, wut not to do, snork)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 06-17-2011, 02:45 AM

[QUOTE=Dan;295850]That is cool 5-7! Would never have thought of that. Could find an empty soda bottle or some thing so ya could drain the gas.

What chrisme said too.
Old 06-17-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Been meaning to PM you. You had said your shop gets real warm and faces west. I got this idea for a solar powered heat exhaust/drag in cool air. Is just some ABS pipe. As the sun heats it, it creates a vacuum in the room. The only air available to replace it comes from insulated pipe that is run under ground but sucks in from open air inlet. Ya make the opening constricted so as the air expands, it cools.

Cool part, the hotter and sunnier it gets, the more it works. Tools required. Hole saw, ABS, abs glue and a shovel.

AC powered by the sun. Easy, peaseey and free. (I love free, snork)
Could you PM me a basic schematic of that Idea? I would love to put that into action in a couple rooms in my trailer. I am a big "green" fool and if it's free it's a great price. I am currently trying to get off the grid with a wood gasifier hooked to a 4 cylinder generator for my house power. So far it supplies about 85% of my power when it is working right.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 06:04 AM

I just cleaned the bajeezus out of my carb. Prettied it up inside and out. I also plugged the primer - as I'm sick of it leaking and literally haven't used it since day one.

Took it out for a test ride - no change of the 30 MPH cruising speed, but man, she was purrin like nobodies business. So I'm glad, and she's ready for a ride tomorrow.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM

I've been running into a two-block gridlock, a mile of reaching home from work. So I hop onto the sidewalk and ride at jogging speed. When I get to the traffic light, I merge with traffic and claim the lane at 35-37.5 mph.
As usual, two blocks from home, I ride in the bike path, slow down to pedalling speed(if I were to pedal) and cruise home on the path and sidewalk. This gives me time to unwind and reflect on the adrenalin-pumped ride home.

I no longer carry fuel in my reserve bottle, only 2.56 oz. of oil. Since I have a four-liter tank, fuel supply lasts for 8-9 days. If I ever run out of fuel, there's a gas station within a mile of wherever that happens to be. I just go to the Chevron station, pump gas, add oil, then motor away.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner