Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Skarrd

Are you getting away from the caged needle bearing to the bushing for better balance and for better high RPM reliability?

Just curious because I remember reading a post saying these are 2 of the advantages of having the bushing on the piston pin verses having the needle bearing, if I remember right.

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
got a pair of piston pin bushings in the mail. test fitted one on the grubee motor in my room. gonna put the other on the daemon motor that's on the bike tomorrow.

also need to do some figuring out on the expansion pipe since it's too long for the power band i'll be in (motor's gonna be hitting 8k now, so it'll need to be adjusted to suit that range). also may flip the jug around and see if i like it backward.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 AM

Thinking about taking the motor off to give the bike a new needed paint job. Thinking about stripping the paint to the metal and giving a quick shot of clear coat to prevent rust. Then I might spray the motor plates. Want to get a new bike (beach cruiser), put on a speed carb, billet intake and an expansion chamber. Gotta get the $ first. Gotta get out and ride, haven't rode in a few weeks.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM

I forgot to replace my Chevy's gas cap at the Chevron down the road, so I rode my bike down to look for it. Found it, brought it home, then realized it was broken. Too many cars ran over it. So I rode my bike down to the auto parts store for a new cap. The bike felt good, even accelerating up the moderate hill(It helps if you get a running start, lol). On the way home, my bike was so happy that the expansion pipe kissed my leg.

Must wrap the pipe with insulation. Other than that, nothing went wrong, not even a smidgen of oil to wipe off the bike.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Yeah, I need to wrap my xchamber up. I have it setup so its right under my left leg. And...I accidently put my thigh against the side of it and i get a nice burn for a second.

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. - George Washington

I'm Jesse James
Semper Fidelis

Old 05-24-2011, 01:22 PM

swapped my bushing into the motor, and shortened the expansion pipe. reved the p*** outta it. felt great! like it should run.

now it's got a nasty rattling sound near the top end... :< hope i didn't break something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 PM

ok so its been a while! but my bikes been running great since like December. the only thing i did so far has been to gas it up and ride it. but i guess what i done today was take the studded tires off it and change over to summer tires, but in the process of tightening the homemade skateboard WHEEL chain tensioner i over tightened the bolt strippin it. so basically i replaced the bolt with a grade 8 and im on the road again

ITS NICE TO BE ONLINE IT SURE HAS BEEN AWHILE
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAlaskan View Post

Welcome back !!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:59 PM

You have a skateboard wheel tensioner too?!
Wow, I was poking around the garage three years ago looking for something to use. Saw the wheel and thought it would be perfect if I put a groove in the middle... Didn't think anyone ever did the same.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAlaskan View Post
ok so its been a while! but my bikes been running great since like December. the only thing i did so far has been to gas it up and ride it. but i guess what i done today was take the studded tires off it and change over to summer tires, but in the process of tightening the homemade skateboard WHEEL chain tensioner i over tightened the bolt strippin it. so basically i replaced the bolt with a grade 8 and im on the road again

It Is great to see ya WA! Just today I was asking about you and other folks from way back who just sort of went missing.

(2 any one reading this, look at some of WA's work. Some great stuff)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 05-24-2011, 06:30 PM

all right guys im glad some of u remember me. basically i got a job and a girl friend and that pretty much took up all my life. plus my job was a night job so i slept all day and worked all night my spare time i spent with my girl. but please beleive im still an enthusiast and have tons of ideas in my mind

honestly im back online cause i quite my job after sum old lady (my bosses mother in law) started yelling at me and my boss just let it happen.

so now i have about 2 weeks to chill till i go commercial fishing

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner