Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

It's always fun having the rear wheel lock up... Had it happen to me. Doing probably 30 or so down a very, very steep hill.
The chain bound up in the sprocket cover. Weird fluke accident. Locked up the rear wheel. I managed to control the skid, but since it was such a steep hill it took a long time to stop. Wore a hole right through a brand new tire, through the inner tube, and ate up the rim.... Wheels locking up is BAD. I tell you BAD.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:35 PM

I blew the threads on my fixie threaded hub & sprocket setup doing that same thing. Ended up being an expensive flub.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 PM

I went out and ran an errand. Investigated getting a power chair for pops. He is 90 and getting out of the chair where he watches TV all day is getting harder every day. As long as the doc writes a script Medicare will pick up $350 of the grand they cost and the doc already said he would, so life will be easier for us.

Oh yeah, I rode the motorized bicycle out to the hospital supply place of course and everything went just fine. No drama, lotsa "cool" looks and the 2 cops I rode by paid me no heed.

Life is good.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Dealer

Today, I cleaned up my bike real good and got it ready for tomorrow's Denver Area Ride II, now it's raining so probably no riding for me today.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 PM

I put another exhaust on the white bike yesterday ( Dont pay any attention to the zip tie holding the canister at rear, that was just a quick way to hold it in place while I tested to see if it was going to work the way I wanted it too) and reduced the jet size in the carb one size, I have 80 miles on that engine now and it was time to stop all that 4 stroking it had even at WOT, it would only hit 30 mph with that expansion chamber on it and now that I took it off and went with a port matched home built exhaust flange and a length of 1" flex pipe dumping into a rear ( Energy Drink Can ) chamber at the rear it will hit 38 MPH and cruise nice at 30-32 MPH now, I know 38 MPH aint much to some on here but this engine is bone stock, no polished ports, nothing deburred and cleaned up, just a tuned carb and an opened up free flowing exhaust and gained 8 MPH and it just has 80 miles on it so it isnt even good and broke in yet, I will be putting my other shaved slant head on it in a couple days to raise compression and this will be all I do to this engine until I get a hundred or so more miles on it, then I plan to scribe the piston at TDC around the intake port and resize the skirt to flow the air/fuel in better and then do some deburring, polishing, and port matching, this should bring this engine to life or at least I hope it does and should since it's such a good runner already.

Peace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg White bike new exhaust3.jpg (101.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg White bike new exhaust1.jpg (117.8 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-21-2011, 02:32 AM

WOW! I spent all day well 12hrs. setting up a inline reed first I drilled out the piston and then a power port and reused the gaskets-had many vac leaks head and base so ride re-tork ride re-tork ride re-tork I finely got it to seat,then on to the reed cage I made it of 7 plates you know that had to leak and it did so I tighten it down 3 times and then ended up wrapping it in two part puddy that did the trick. I'll lean the carburetor and crimp the muffler stinger for the right back presser in the morning.

Last edited by ducedave; 05-21-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 AM

i finally got back to wrk one my shift kit full suspendion build. i didnt have a way to grind down the motor space the 1/8" i needed to make the chain fit so i took it out side and cleaned all the stains and bike tracks off of my concrete porch by standing on it and and going up and down. it came out perfectly grinded straight and the porch is clean now lol.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:17 PM

Applied Cascade damping compound to the inside of the clutch cover and the magneto cover, greased the gears while the cover was off.

Looking forward to less noise.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 PM

i looked at my bike and said to myself wow that is a bad a** bike
Old 05-21-2011, 01:23 PM

Took it out for a ride, and much quieter, the stuff worked good.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner