Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I worked on a in line reed manifold after it's built I'll drill out the piston on the intake side getting ready for the Ca. race
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM

took a half a inch off my tuned pipe last night. Makes a Huge difference in the ride today. Now it revs freely from take off to over 6000. I haven't pushed any harder, but it seems to go like mad now. I don't have the four stroking I used to have at the lower revs.

I am glad I did not weld the whole pipe together when I reassembled my tuned pipe last time. I now have a bike that can get out of its own way.

I will check it out tomorrow with the GPS and see if my top end has improved, but even if it doesn't go any faster just the way it pulls really makes riding so much more fun.

Something else I did and have to note is that I have to put lock tight or double bolted all of my hardware on my bike. I had to find four more nuts for my gas tank because it came loose yesterday.

mike
Old 05-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retromike3 View Post
Something else I did and have to note is that I have to put lock tight or double bolted all of my hardware on my bike. I had to find four more nuts for my gas tank because it came loose yesterday.

mike
nylock nuts. never had a problem with them at all. i even use them on the intake and exhaust studs.

also ordered a shimano freehub with disc provision for the rear wheel. don't know how many gears it's meant for though :/ didn't say but for $30 i couldn't pass it up. probably 8/9 speed hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.

Last edited by Skarrd; 05-18-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
nylock nuts. never had a problem with them at all. i even use them on the intake and exhaust studs.

also ordered a shimano freehub with disc provision for the rear wheel. don't know how many gears it's meant for though :/ didn't say but for $30 i couldn't pass it up. probably 8/9 speed hub.
Personally I mount the tank on half sections of old handle bar grips (The squishy straight kind) sandwiched between the tank and the bar and use the original nuts to tighten the tank down then back them up with nylocks to reduce vibration from loosening them... Overkill I know... But I never use them on the exhaust because of heat issues...

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 05-18-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
Personally I mount the tank on half sections of old handle bar grips (The squishy straight kind) sandwiched between the tank and the bar and use the original nuts to tighten the tank down then back them up with nylocks to reduce vibration from loosening them... Overkill I know... But I never use them on the exhaust because of heat issues...
hey better to know that it's not going anywhere than to hope the tank doesn't fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

what did i do to my bike today ............. I FINALLY PUT AN NT CARB ON !!! and guess what .... it solved all my problems.... idles fine , no backfire , full throttle , quieter , and it goes up hills now !

no more struggling with the cns carb ! if you are still have probs , just get rid of it !
Old 05-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Last night i used the app called: My Tracks to track my mileage, minimum speed, max speed etc. and I went 3.59 miles My max speed was 25.09 but that wasn't my fastest. My bike goes so fast at anything above half throttle i don't want to test it cuz if something breaks or snaps...there wont be much left of me or my bike once i stop tumbling and rolling down the road. I think my engine will go about 28-30mph wide open. I went 3.59 miles in a total time of 14:30 minutes. Moving time was 13:30. I was just going around my neighborhood though. My average speed is 15.90mph. Thats my speed with no throttle just cruising around without giving it any throttle. For a mountain bike, thats darn good!!!!! It rides good. It takes any bumps real good. I'm always afraid it'll break the mounts but so far its held up. I only have maybe 1/8th of a tank when i started, and When i finished, the tank was empty. Thats cuz my intake leaks. I'm waiting for my billet intake from pirate to get here. uhhh it was the quickest shipping(2day)cuz with the intake u get free shipping with whatever shipping method u choose. It should be here today, cuz today makes 3 days. It better be at my house when i get home tonight at 545...or i'll be pissed....I'm tired of my carb leaking. Once i get the intake, all will be weill(or atleast i hope).

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. - George Washington

I'm Jesse James
Semper Fidelis

Old 05-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Started taking stuff off the bike in anticipation of selling off my Chinese parts for when I get a Morini. A barely used 66 and a fresh 49. SBP pipe, jaguar's ignition, just...stuff.

Keep an eye out in the next few days for the bargains in the Yard Sale section.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:33 PM

today i fixed my engine which sheared two engine mounts bolts for a second time in the past year. unfortunately i was not lucky and i broke an easy out tap in one of the holes i was working on.

so, i used a tip from another forum member and built a new mount. i used 2x2 angle iron and cut it to same width as the original mount spacer and then drilled two new mount holes 90 degrees from the original mount holes (on top of the front engine mount all the way thru the bottom) i drilled 1/4 inch holes and used 2 1/2 inch bolts to mount the angle iron. the front piece of the angle iron also had 2 holes drilled in area as original mount (same width same diameter) and installed to frame as before.

i will now say i am extremely happy and i tell ya, i will never use the factory front mount again and will use this angle iron mounting system on all future builds for myself. no need worrying that dropping the bike will shear the front bolts anymore.

Last edited by Drewd; 05-19-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Staff

That sounds cool Drewd. Can you post pics or link? I've had 2 die young due to forward mount failures. What I was thinking was a mounting plate deal but your's sounds far simpler.

LOL, dang'it. Now looking for some scrap to try the plate idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner