Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

it's the smaller canister shaped one about as round as soup can but just 2-2.5 in. tall off a 80's Mustang found in side right hand front wheel well-I drilled the manifold at the top bend near the corner for a SMALL metal tub inserted just inside (A 1/32 OR SO) solder it from the out side I hope you get the same effect I did

Last edited by ducedave; 05-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM

For me it'll probably be off an old subaru Loyale or GL. I have mostly subaru parts (or whole cars...) laying around. (yes, one car literally upside down for me to rip parts off...)
Old 05-12-2011, 02:33 AM

mostly just messed around with it and made a video YouTube - GT-5 bike V2.0

then got my cargo rack put on finally. took awhile to find a bolt with the head thin enough to clear the chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Unboxed my first motor last night. Grubee Starfire GT-4. Cable boot and spark plug were both broken out of the box (replacing both anyway, so not a huge deal). Gas tank was also pretty beat up (hopefully it doesn't leak!) Small pieces of metal everywhere! I was really nervous to open it up because I thought I would find the worst. Actually, to my surprise, The insides are fairly clean. Not even much slag! Cleaned everything up, installed new hardware (thanks SBP!), installed sound dampeners, and set the motor in the frame for a mock up. Perfect fit! Only thing is, the pedal crank is too large. . . the motor actually rests on it a bit. Oh well, gives me a reason to get a new sprocket for the crank All I need to do now is exchange the head studs that I bought (need 6mm, bought 8mm), polish/clean up the ports, make a couple of new gaskets, apply some loctite, rig up a kill switch, install my Tac and speedometer, Clean up the electrical with heat shrink and proper connectors, and wait for my sprocket/adapter from Sportscarpat! I also installed my new stem yesterday, along with my headlights, tail light, and lay-back seat post from Pirate Cycles. Bike is looking sick! Can't wait for installation and the maiden voyage!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM

started working on better porting. smoothed out the exhaust port, now working on the piston skirt so the intake fully opens rather than getting 7/8ths open. aiming for the bike to easily get to 40, and cruise at 35mph.

Quote:
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:46 PM

got a pair of semi-metalic bb5 pads in the mail ^-^

Quote:
Old 05-13-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
started working on better porting. smoothed out the exhaust port, now working on the piston skirt so the intake fully opens rather than getting 7/8ths open. aiming for the bike to easily get to 40, and cruise at 35mph.
I've tried adding 1/8in. plate to mach the small manifold to the big port I open the manifold as much as I can and the plate opens the rest of the way to the port and then port gaskets plate gasket manifold good to go.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM

NEWSED muffler, new to my bike-used on the ped I cannibalized for the re-manufacturing of a pipe I can top out faster with it I used to fall behind cars going DOWN Mentone BL. now I keep up with cars going UP the BL. --HW 38 CA.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:25 AM

Put 21 miles on my new engine today and I am bubbling over about how well it is running, it's a very smoothe engine and it seems like it's gonna be a very cherry engine.....

Kicking myself for having such a good one just sitting on the shelf while I was running a much rougher one on my bike........kinda glad the other one failed on me now in a away, other wise I wouldnt be enjoying this very low vibrating, sweet running engine I have on it now..

Peace
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 AM

finally got my motor back together and running yesterday. so far so good..still i feel like imma babying it now when i ride. kinda like when ya break the motor in lol. having a new head and rings N all

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner