Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Staff

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

LOL@"brix"
Know the feeling Skarrd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Last edited by Dan; 05-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Adjusted the brakes so they work, repacked my wheel bearings, greased the chains, cleaned out the gas tank, rebuild my old NT carb just in case...

The bike is 100% ready for my new engine to arrive in the mail now... Waiting for it is killing me, riding weather is here!
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
LOL@"brix"
Know the feeling Skarrd.
lol, i expected it to pop a bit with fuel still pumping through. but not act like the road is bubble wrap popping!

and not the tiny bubbles, those massive 1" bubbles that sound like a gun going off when you step on one. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM

I got vac-res of a mustang and I'm using it as a boost bottle wow!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducedave View Post
I got vac-res of a mustang and I'm using it as a boost bottle wow!!!
Notice any difference?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Removed the "red" CNS carb that came on my Skyhawk kit and replaced it with a NT "Speed" carb.

After scratching my head for over two hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get any power under throttle, I removed the float bowl to uncover that the Jet tube had no threads and the jet was just sitting on the bottom of the bowl. I tapped new treads into it and screwed the jet in place. It ran perfectly. I was ale to get the motor to idle for the first time since I assembled it.

I removed the SBP expansion pipe kit because the exhaust header was spewing fuel and the silicon hoses had been obliterated. I replaced it with the stock one until I can figure out why the black header pipe is 1/16" too large in diameter to accept the copper exhaust tubing that was supplied.

I replaced the crappy Walmart seat with a Brooks flyer springer saddle. I can't wait for it to break in, though. My grundle is not pleased after riding fifty miles to check durability.

And some other little stuff that isn't of consequence. Mostly aesthetic fixes.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:54 PM

Chrisme thank you for asking -yes climes hills even faster-starts with a funny idle then evens out after 20 seconds or so and then runs strong had to adjust idle screw down
Old 05-11-2011, 12:15 AM

Putting a new engine on the Huffy today, had a internal failure of some sort that allowed the carnk to have too much in play and caused the mag rotor to eat into the block about 1/16" ruining the crank seal and the area that holds the seal in the block, engine was still running but started surging real bad and that was my first clue that I had an air leak, I figured it was a seal or intake gasket, so first thing I done was to remove the mag cover and bingo, loads of alum. shaving all inside the mag compartment and then I seen clearly what had caused the shavings when I noticed the rotor had eat into the block, I then pulled back and forth on the rotor and of coarse the crank just clunked back and forth to a major degree, I'm thinking that the engine has thrush washers on the crank that hold it a set distance and adjust the amount of end play it can have, it's been since last year since I've had the case open so I cant remember for sure, but it seems that I've lost those spacers or something else that allowed the crank to move to the side enough to cause all that damage to the block and ruin the crank seal on the mag side.

I have a spare engine that I unboxed and started preping for install in the next couple of days, hope it last more than 400 miles, one of my other bikes has 1180 miles on it now and runs like a top......

all of this problem happened on my way back from a 16 mile trip, I got lucky that I didnt get stranded and have to use my kick starter/peddles to get home.

wish me good fortune on this new engine guys.....

Peace
Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM

Road my bike the longest ride to date. I went from Beaverton over the hills to downtown Portland across the Willamette River to the other side of town so I could get my titanium frames fixed for my eyeglasses(Harley Davidson). I was going at a pretty good clip but I could not tell what my rpm's were (waring old pair). It was a beautiful day and I got to see many good looking female joggers on the way and got more than a few smiles as I rode by.(I love the spring!)

Came home after about forty miles and found out I had used less than a half a tank of gas. Motor was strong for the whole ride and the bike handled grate.

mike
Old 05-11-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducedave View Post
Chrisme thank you for asking -yes climes hills even faster-starts with a funny idle then evens out after 20 seconds or so and then runs strong had to adjust idle screw down
That's cool, I've never heard a lot of positive about the boost bottle.
I must have some vac canisters from some car or other hanging around my garage. I have WAAAAY too may car parts. I'll have to give it a try!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner