Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Just got a txt from my wife sayibg that. My starfire motor came in so I gonna start buildin my bike wen I get home and I off tomarow I will tke pics and start a thread for it
Old 05-06-2011, 06:17 PM

If I dnt have all the parts to get my new build going this weekend I will mount it on my cruiser for break in
Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazecc View Post
so i put a billet intake boost bottle ready on my carb,today it ran fine for a few then gas was puoring out of my aftermarket adp air filter. i did notice the gas line was a little oversize and was also leaking a bit so i replaced that and the problen still persists
That sounds like there's something in the float needle seat area. If you not familiar with the procedure start with removing the carb and draining the gas. Remove the float bowl. Turn upside down, there's the float. At the hinge there is a pin, remove it, it should almost fall out. There is a small wire clip connected to the needle, it should come out with the float. The needle seat has a slot for a screwdriver, remove it. This part clean it out and look through it, there should be no obstruction. Then check the tip of the needle valve. It's made of fuel proof rubber and sometimes it can have a bent tip or cracks. Look up inside the opening where the valve seat goes for stuff in there, if you have a air compressor or canned air try to blow it out. Avert your eyes doing this, you could get a gas back-blast.

Now that you've done all you can put it back together in reverse order. A quick float level check is to have it up-side down with the float closing the valve. If the float is parallel with the float bowl mounting flange then it's pretty dang close.

One other thing to check first is if you have a tickler is it hanging up? It holds the float down so extra gas goes in to help it start.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe View Post
I replaced my rear wheel because the axle and hub got bent.

Here's the picture of the axle.
WHOW What in the world happened?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 PM

been awhile since i posted...been having sum issues..sum motorized bicycle wise others well...its life. the fix i did last weekend came apart sunday. i purdy much tore down the top end. had thought about having sum drill and re-tread the stripped exhaust hole. but having further inspecting the jug..i noticed a chipped mark on the sleeve. so i ordered a new 1 off ebay on monday. should have it tommrow. and got new rings,fuel valve, needle bearing. got those today but realized i order a crank bearing...so i had to order the 1 for the piston wrist pin...if all goes ok...hopefully have my china girl back buzzing by tuesday? gotta wait N see...kinda suks not riding..been having withdrawls N all
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 PM

replaced 5 spokes shimmed 3 of the 5 spoke holes wire wrapped where the spokes where they crossed, rim is stronger that way
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 AM

got my starfire gt4 today and was all excired wen i got hone home from wrk to start my build and opened up the box and the gas i scratched waht the h*** that sucks its supposed to be brand new and nice isnt it?
Old 05-07-2011, 04:52 AM

S*** happens when you have something manufactured at a site with little to no quality control, it travels 7000 miles and goes through a few distributors hands.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frickard View Post
WHOW What in the world happened?
I don't know. I just noticed the wheel was loose and I pulled it off to tighten it up a bit. These were stock wheels on a Micargi bike I bought a month or so ago. I have a shift kit on the bike so I don't know if that puts more torque on the wheel or if the axle was a little bent to begin with.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:37 AM

Stripped my bike down to get it ready for the new engine. I can't afford gas, so that got my butt moving to drop a new engine on the bike.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner