Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Replaced that leaky petcock with the nice Sick part. Locktited the kickstand, exhaust and intake bolts. Greased the reduction gears.

Last Sunday I brazed the muffler cap on.

Tomorrow I ride.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Replaced my tensioner with a 4 bolt dual bracket tensioner with sealed bearings - used it to replace my stock bearing tensioner because my chainstay tapers and I was having a little trouble with the tensioner traveling a bit every 100 miles or so. In doing so, I first replaced the bolts in my new tensioner with grade 5 bolts. It's a I figure it should work well, but only time will tell.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:57 AM

out riding today. the exhaust fix i did earlier in the week...messed up..stripped anuther bolt lol. i put sum JB stik weld on and saw its doing the job. that stuff holds up to heat well. might make sort of gasket with it if it leaks again. would be a permament repair then i guess.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:24 PM

so after looking at the two pipes for the intake tube, it dawned on me why it was having issues running smoothly and sometimes acting like it's running lean.

speedcarb pipe (because it's epoxyed on) was shorter than the one i had on the NT carb. *facepalm* no wonder why it would be responsive and peppy with it.

swapped it on and held on to dear life when i hit the gas. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 PM

10 mile ride, 16 avg mph, lotsa people smiling and looking and no parts fell off -

Life is good.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:19 PM

HA since my last post on the Grubee 66 cc that I mounted the Manic Mechanic straight ported intake on it has rained continuously. I finished making the gasket for the intake, head and jug yesterday and sealed them up with Iindian Head shellac and reassembled everything yesterday but because of the rain I only got the bike started for short wet runs and found it to be very strong as to its previous state.

Today I got a break in the rain and actually got to take about a 5 mile ride down 741 hwy and this time I thought to bring my GPS to measure top speed. I knew I was going fast but got a lump in my throat when I checked it. Flat and level top speed was 38.4 mph.... Previous best speed was about 32.

If you have a Grubee 66 cc that is well broken in and a good CNSv1 the new intake is awesome and well worth a shot. Right now I am running a 48 tooth sprocket and cant wait to see what it does with the 44 tooth... And the right angle pull fix I did worked flawlessly.

Just amazed I am now ready for a really nice day to ride.

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 05-01-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:46 PM

I replaced my rear wheel. The freewheel styled wheel had busted 3 spokes. It was dished for multi-gears. The broken spokes, ironically, were on the pedal chain side.
I put on a coaster brake wheel I had in the inventory. It is a skinnier 26x1 3/8, but it is not dished.
If I have spoke problems with this coaster wheel, I will get it relaced with bigger spokes or buy a wheel built for a tandem or industrial bike. I don't have much time for removing gears to replace spokes and truing wheels.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 PM

bought a 45* bend for the expansion pipe so i could mount it up ward.

hit 39.2 according to the speedometer. it's been a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:43 PM

38.4 MPH with a 48T rear sprocket......wow you must be turning some serious RPM's...!

My fastest bike is screaming with a 36T sprocket to hit a GPS'd speed of 39MPH, and it is ported pretty good has the manic intake and a very well tuned NT carb. it also has an extremely shaved head so that the compression is very high, so high in fact that if I'm not running fast enough when I dump the clutch it's like slamming on the brakes and will slide the rear wheel to a complete stop.

I'll be very curious to hear what it tops out at with the smaller sprocket for sure, sounds like you must have an excellent engine there.

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSumpter View Post
HA since my last post on the Grubee 66 cc that I mounted the Manic Mechanic straight ported intake on it has rained continuously. I finished making the gasket for the intake, head and jug yesterday and sealed them up with Iindian Head shellac and reassembled everything yesterday but because of the rain I only got the bike started for short wet runs and found it to be very strong as to its previous state.

Today I got a break in the rain and actually got to take about a 5 mile ride down 741 hwy and this time I thought to bring my GPS to measure top speed. I knew I was going fast but got a lump in my throat when I checked it. Flat and level top speed was 38.4 mph.... Previous best speed was about 32.

If you have a Grubee 66 cc that is well broken in and a good CNSv1 the new intake is awesome and well worth a shot. Right now I am running a 48 tooth sprocket and cant wait to see what it does with the 44 tooth... And the right angle pull fix I did worked flawlessly.

Just amazed I am now ready for a really nice day to ride.

Last edited by mapbike; 05-01-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:30 PM

Fixed broken motor mount.

Yesterday I was riding and it started shaking bad, so I shut it down and looked. Couldn't see anything wrong with the quick look beside the road, so I pedaled home and let it cool off. Motor was loose and I started checking the bolts. One of the grade eight 6 mm socket head cap screws was sheared off right at the engine case.

Got the spacers and the screws out (used the dremel slot cut trick) and I noticed a gap. Made up some new spacers to fit perfectly and got some more cap screws. Installed and locktited everything.

Took it out and everything worked great. Until I got 100 feet from home and it died.

I checked and the tank was dry, I ran out of gas.

That's the best breakdown I ever had on this thing.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner