Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Man sorry to here about the sick part buddy. Been enjoying the progress reports on your build. I like where you have been going with it. Looking forward to the finished product! You have came up with some great incites and concepts. I like how the head light came out. Get better soon got some riding to do!
I really do want to get riding soon, but I still have that fuel tank to worry about. I want to give my business to Fundreamer but I have no idea at all what kind of shape he's in. He mentioned surgery and that's all I know. I don't want to dump this in his lap if he's not up to it. If he is, though, I feel I owe it to him. I do want a tank on the old girl before the end of May though, if possible, and I don't want to give the job to somebody else without asking Fundreamer if it's okay.

But most importantly, I don't want the tank due to go on the Tempus to be the first tank I've ever made. I intend to learn sometime. But I want Tempus to be another looker, like her predecessor. And I'm pretty sure the first fuel tank I make will have plenty of bugs.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Resident Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicAz520 View Post
i did nothing tday but crused around a little in my neighborhood. opened up the box from sbp with my expansion pipe in it looked at it and did some very breif mock up on my cruiser but it aint going on there i gonna save it for my gt lts build i found a frame today and gonna start getting peices for it one by one gonna have to save for the jack shaft shift kit and a motor kit. other then that it was my b-day today so i didnt do much just relaxed
Fröliche Gebürtstag, mein herr Toxic!

"There is nothing wrong with wanting a motorbike that is an extension of your personal taste and fashion sense; if you must ride somewhere, I say do it with style!"
Old 04-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Well here is the update on the CNS situation. I let the JB sit overnight and it is truly C**k Strong as expected. kinda ugly though.Now I just need to find a clamp. I'll get one tomorrow, no point of doing the eight mile hike/ride since everything is closed due to Easter. In the pic you can see where the clamping part snapped off. I have no idea which version it is V1 or V2 or even what the difference is between the two.

I'll update tomorrow after I walk/ride into town and get a new clamp. Would an exhaust clamp be overkill?
Hopefully I'll be motoring back home.
If not LOL

Thanks for responding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P240411_16.31.jpg (31.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg P240411_16.35.jpg (34.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg P240411_16.36.jpg (31.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg P240411_16.38.jpg (28.7 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by dag_29307; 04-24-2011 at 05:23 PM. Reason: pics
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 PM

so Dag it looks like you have a CNSv2 and if you are needing a body for it let me know.... Another thing is that these castings dont usually fail at the clamping points so you might want to contact the supplier as they might be able to RMA it and get you another however I think those chances are slim since you have already have modified the unit itself and easily could have obscured the defect itself ... A simple line of sand in the casting could have caused such a defect to occur but once it is epoxied over there is little to support your claim.

Last edited by MarkSumpter; 04-24-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:07 PM

Moved the "c" clip one slot and it seems to have stopped bogging at midrange. I also lenghtened the tubing I use to connect the carb to the intake. Don't know if either would make more power but it blew the exhaust pipe right off
Old 04-24-2011, 11:05 PM

When I installed a Tanaka three-piece expansion pipe on my center-mounted 47R engine, the pipe came awfully close to the front tire. Having a spare 29" ROCKSHOX fork, I installed it on my 26" bike. This gave me almost two inches more clearance between front tire and expansion pipe. After cutting the stem and installing the star nut, the 29er fork slipped into place.

The four-liter HT fuel tank had to be relocated, since the Tanaka pipe crosses over the top tube. A new rear rack was installed, and the HT tank will mount on that.

The mounting bracket for the expansion pipe needs rewelding, so it can bolt onto the Scooter guy motor mount.

The goped guys with this engine and pipe said it's loud. I started it up and didn't think it was noisy. Anyways, a stock muffler can slip onto the three-piece pipe,quieting it down even more. Then a hose needs to route the exhaust past the rear wheel.

This bike should fly with the new pipe.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 PM

ordered the SBP expansion pipe for it ^-^ been waiting for it to come into stock again

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Modified my exhaust (baffles fell out) But, performance has improved. LOL Gotta get another bolt to put the cap back on.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 AM

Went to the Long Beach swap motorcycle swap meet today, met up with Venice and his cool crew to check it out. He hooked me up with a vendor that had the spokes that were 12g SS for 12.50 for 36... a sweet deal.... I ordered two weeks ago from John Holmes Holmes Hobbies LLC / Holmes Bikes :: Bike / MoPed :: Sapim Stainless Custom Spokes for the same and it was 85.00 for 80 spokes. O -well...
Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 AM

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes guys. As for me didnt do anything today but win a GT LTS-5 on E-Bay for $89 can't wait to start the build when I get it but going have to save up for the rest of the parts to build it right. Heres the pics of it I will make a new thread when i build it.

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner