Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

he'll have less time gittin that $100 than you will on the build. if they still had tin can beach i'd be their in my rent free hut. liven the life!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 PM

Good story.

The bum knows the value and the rich just try to milk you.

Go figure?
Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 PM

I replaced my throttle cable on my China Girl and it really helped me control the idle speed better. The cable was about 2 1/2 years old.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:56 AM

Didn't do anything today or for a couple days. Been to tired and waking up to late to ride my bike to wr. I did how ever just got in my sbp expansion chamber so I might toy around with that. Tomarrow is mt b-day and I have to spend the day fixing the stupid a/c cause it anit workin.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Staff

Happy Birthday Toxic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 AM

Thank you
Old 04-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Gutter Rider

Messed with my Vapor Tech..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Herder View Post
Messing with the Vapor Tech last couple nights getting acquainted with it. I had to warranty the first vapor head unit I am not off to a good start lol. It was doing weird stuff. The support line has been phenomenally nice and helpful. Have to do a day pict. My wires and mounting came out pretty trick.

I got around to rejetting the idle circuit on the carb last week still messing with that. I was circling side neighbored streets in the vid. I shot out of my driveway today impressing the neighbor and nearly could not make the turn on the street corner to the next street this thing will scoot.

The main jet is perfect. Thinking its time to window the the slide a little more. Being cautious about that as I cannot put material back lol. So far I changed the choke jet a tiny bit the main jet and the idle jet. Micro drill bits and solder. Almost perfect! Fighting with 5500 feet here. The carb is boarder line to big.

I got a plug chop sitting on the dark side of things so I am a little rich. That was where I wanted to be. The pipe is pretty cool on this thing can hear it loading up sonic-ally around no load or an idle. There is a part where I coughed in the video kinda shows how loud the bike really is.

The blinking lights on the unit are shift and over rev lights. I am still messing with them. My thoughts was to perhaps calibrate them around a perfect clutch. I am still a little confused about how to calibrate the rpm I think it is a little off? Over all I love the unit and like the rest of the features. Loving it! The engine temp I like. This bike is set up with my off road gearing so to speak a cross from city travel to off road.

I should be switching the engine sprocket to a 11 tooth soon from 10 I think that will make it perfect. Just thought to share is all..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bu31H_-eXs

Last edited by Goat Herder; 04-23-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:25 AM

my motor is electric, so i did nothing, i use it and it works, i charge it for free since electric is included with my rent. And gas is over $4 a gallon up here.
my speed is around 20mph.

o, i forgot i did have to plug in to charge it, when i got back home but that was easy.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Gutter Rider

Cabin I remember when you were messing with the trailer cart first getting into the electrics. Nice to hear they are working out good I wanna try an electric some time been kinda waiting to see where the advancements are going with the controllers and all. 20 miles an hour is a righteous speed! Don't have to go fast every where lol. How many miles are you getting out of a charge these days?

I average about 25 to 35 miles per hour on my Morini its pretty much strictly a cruiser. But a playful one! I beat China's do death in my quest for speed and my last Morini I was pretty hard on [still running good] finally got it out of my system lol. I chose the Boxer for the suspension and the over all relaxed feel of a smoothed out gutter ride. It makes a difference especially on a 20 mile stent.

Its nice just to slow down a bit and smell the roses.

Last edited by Goat Herder; 04-23-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Primered the frame, ready for paint! Engine should be here this week along with all the awesome stuff from SBP. Just need a helmet, some lights, and my M2 license/plate!

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner