Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
KCvale -
Question tho, how many marinas do ya have in Arizona o_O
Well, in the Phoenix area 5. There is Lake Pleasant and Bartlett Lake to the North, Saguaro, Canyon, and Roosevelt Lakes to the South East and I've boated them all many a time.

But for all of AZ many more, you have all the marina's along the Colorado River. In AZ it starts at Lake Powell before going through the Grand Canyon and down to many big places like Laughlin and Lake Havasu. I've boated all of them too, in fact the wife and I took this rig to lake Powell for our honeymoon 26 years ago ;-}

I do agree there are some justifications for the price of marina fuel, all of these lakes are drinking water sources and a big fuel spill would be a disaster so it costs a fortune to build and maintain a marina on a lake, but still, any smart boater takes all he can with him before he leaves town ;-}

Sorry for staying off topic but this hit a 'nostalgia button' in me.
It seems like a lifetime ago, but it was just half a lifetime ago that boating was my passion.

This is my son and I at the London Bridge on lake Havasu when he was just a baby.

He will be 21 in a couple of months.

Thanks for letting me ramble guys, now back to your regularly scheduled topic ;-}
Old 04-21-2011, 01:23 AM

got the new jackshaft bracket in. got it put together and test fired the motor, chain ran smoothly and didn't try to jump off.

then got some JB-putty and put it onto the union joint of the exhaust for the pipe to EMT conduit pipe so it won't leak any more.

can't wait till the morning to take her out and ride her again. i miss it so much. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicAz520 View Post
How do you think the Trick Race fuel is going to work for you cause i have a pump less then 1/2mile from my house but don't know if it would be good to run or if it worth the money for these china girls.
I have a Puch Hi-Compression head. It's ment for a 50cc but I have it on my 66cc. I really need to measure the cc of the combustion chamber and not go by what I've read BUT I think my compression is 13:1 Or if I'm wrong it's still 11.5:1. With that high of compression you have to use a super high octane fuel or risk death from detonation. Due to that factor you also have to have a NGK BR9HIX Iridium plug.

Stock motor due to it's low 6:1 compression would actually lose power using Trick or hi octane AV gas. Even Premium pump gas is marginal in them.

Now, what I did to mine With the white wire battery charger I got I saw no need of a pair of AA batteries in the LEB tail light assembly. Daisy chained 4 1N4004 Diodes as a voltage reducer and got rid of the batteries, soldering the diodes to the postitve side and the ground wire to the negative. Ran a paired wire to the battery box and I have main power for all my electrics now
Old 04-21-2011, 09:49 AM

did nothing but add gas 160 hours no problems
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

tightened/tuned spokes, checked brake pads and suspension/tire air pressure...
Old 04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Staff

LOL Ykick! Your "Nic Pic" is hysterical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM
Old 04-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Metal Molding Madman

lance you going to the rally in pa again this year?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:06 PM

Everything I need to do a top-overhaul arrived via FedEx from Bicycle-Engines.com for my ol' 48 cc Skyhawk. Overhaul and hopefully a test run will happen tomorrow. Weather is supposed to suck, but if it's possible I will at least take it out and start it.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

New Springer forks with canti posts came in the mail today from Pirate Cycles. . . looks awesome!

Bought my GT4 Grubee Starfire today from Devrou on eBay.

Bought the following from SBP: engine hardware kit, heavy duty high performance air filter, engine sound dampeners, exhaust gasket, fuel filter, NGK B7HS spark plug, upgraded fuel valve, and the expansion chamber.

Also bought a riding jacket (for safety)

Next items on the list are:

Helmet
SBP head gasket
SBP head stud replacement kit
SBP Throttle assembly
Someone's sprocket adapter and sprocket

Next on the to-do list is re-painting the bike, overhauling the hubs, replacing the headset and bottom bracket, re-assembling the bike, then waiting patiently for my engine show up Just need to remember to document the progress as I go along :x
Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 AM
a guy who makes cool bikes

ran into a homeless guy outside a bar last night. he had a ratty old beach cruiser and a used motor kit in a shopping bag. he brought it to my house today, and i'm installing it for 100 bucks.

supposedly so he has transportation to get to a job.

he said he has a lot of panhandling to do, but should have the money tomorrow.

funny, how all the rich people who bug me about building them a custom bike always flake out when it comes down to it, and some bum off the street can come with some cash to make it happen.

i blame society...

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner