Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I got my bike tuned perfectly today by tuning the stock exhaust for now drilling out the pipe to open it up enough to let it breath better while still haveing back pressure.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Today I rode my bike 17 miles round trip. On top of that, I got a kewl custom decal for the tank of my bike. If you want to know where I got it, just ask. But, I'm unsure about listing the web address. So, will play it safe.

Last edited by PedOpt; 04-12-2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 04-13-2011, 02:08 AM

I have finally have my bike running supreme if i am doing 28to30 it wont bog down like it used to on the same hill. Dnt ever really ride that fast ever except when tuneing and testin mods. Gonna put on the sproket adapter that i got from sportscarpat cnt wait. I cnt tell if the bike is running to lean cause i'm running opti-2 the plug is dry no matter wat but doesnt look grey or or burning to hot that i kno of.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicAz520 View Post
I have finally have my bike running supreme if i am doing 28to30 it wont bog down like it used to on the same hill. Dnt ever really ride that fast ever except when tuneing and testin mods. Gonna put on the sproket adapter that i got from sportscarpat cnt wait. I cnt tell if the bike is running to lean cause i'm running opti-2 the plug is dry no matter wat but doesnt look grey or or burning to hot that i kno of.

sounds like your bike broke in. i recomend you either cutt out some of your inerts of your eXhaust pipe cause it may be running to hot. and you will eventually damage your top end. its better to run it rich on oil and foul out flugs then it is to replace pistons. lol
Old 04-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike91 View Post
sounds like your bike broke in. i recomend you either cutt out some of your inerts of your eXhaust pipe cause it may be running to hot. and you will eventually damage your top end. its better to run it rich on oil and foul out flugs then it is to replace pistons. lol
Ya i did that yesterday thats how i got it to run a lot better by cutting and drilling enough to get it to run good without sacrificing the back pressure. I am running a 66 jet and the needle is 2nd slot from the top if i go to the 68 it for strokes the whole time and at wot from 24 to 30 then smooths out. i have over 500 miles on the bike already would it still be breaking in.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:57 PM

put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power. imma see how the next week or so goes for me
Old 04-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHellbilly View Post
put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power. imma see how the next week or so goes for me
how expensive is gas there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biknut View Post
Traditional bicycle riders think we're cheaters. Non riders think our bikes are toys. Bicycle shops think we're a threat. Tree huggers think we're polluters. The police don't know what to think.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

[QUOTE=RebelHellbilly;272491]put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power. imma see how the next week or so goes for me[/QUOT

my motorbike is my primary source of transportation. i ride mine everywhere. still running the same piston and jug that the motor came with 1000 miles ago or so. my speedo meter wont keep track so rough guess. been riding it for about 3 or 4 months. so im sure i got that many on it by now.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 PM

Replaced the stock exhaust with one from BGF. Looks good and gained low end power. Ran good before, runs great now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moto bikes 001.jpg (219.0 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=mobike91;272562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHellbilly View Post
put on a new NGK spark plug boot. seems like my china girl turns a few more rpms. the way the gas prices are now...imma thinking about gitting outta MBin' as much as i love riding...damn goverment greed...i still have my leg power. imma see how the next week or so goes for me[/QUOT

my motorbike is my primary source of transportation. i ride mine everywhere. still running the same piston and jug that the motor came with 1000 miles ago or so. my speedo meter wont keep track so rough guess. been riding it for about 3 or 4 months. so im sure i got that many on it by now.
me too brother. had the main motor part for like 6 months on the 3rd bike. still on the same piston too lol. how many miles i dont know. i average a gallon 5 days to a week

Tags
clutch, motorized bicycle, oil, tensioner