Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles

High Performance Bicycle Engine Tips and Motorized Race Bicycles We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

japan vs. china

We all want our bicycle engines to push our bikes faster. Get exclusive engine modification tips and suggestions from us. Also check out some of our racing members builds

Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

Unhappy japan vs. china

i just wanted to warn the newbies that easy flow improvements are not always there to be found. i guess the japanese engines have better tolerances because i took apart my mitsubishi and all the gaskets and manifolds lined up really well on both intake and exhaust. thats not to say you cant port it...
Old 07-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: japan vs. china

have you ever seen a chinese motor of any sort in any class of racing? japanese? american? english? german? italian? on and on. dont expect much when you fit a chinese engine on a chinese bike from walmart. if that satisfies your desires. i think you are setting your sights a mite low. mitch.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Yes, but the China fire engines allow the shade tree mechanic to make hot rodding improvements for little or no money, with the Japanese engines, power cost $$$.

BTW- China is going to have a race bike or two this year and they just bought out/resurected a major lable...Benelli?
Old 07-29-2008, 07:49 AM

The chinese will get better with time as most of the major players like Honda, Suzuki, even Apprilla ect, ect are manufacturing many of their components in their, even as far as part assembly, even some of the Italian Vespa models are being totally produced in China, so this technology they are being taught will filter down the line and we will all benefit, eventually we will be buying our components from India as the china produced products will be level playing field with Japan quality assurance & engineered product and final price will increase to end consumer because of this
Old 07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Motorized Bicycle Member

i wasnt knocking anyone/anything, just thought the info might be useful...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeguy Joe View Post
Yes, but the China fire engines allow the shade tree mechanic to make hot rodding improvements for little or no money, with the Japanese engines, power cost $$$.

BTW- China is going to have a race bike or two this year and they just bought out/resurected a major lable...Benelli?
there is the slight point that the reason the Japanese motors cost $$$ to further tune is they are pretty much ideally tuned already and the companies involved have researched and tested the engines. The Chengines in comparison are only state of the art if the art is pottery...

Oh gods - the chinese got hold of another make... now they have AJS/Rover?MG/Benelli and thats just the ones I know about.

Strangely though the Chbikes arent all that bad - the one thing they arent is ride and forget - if you dont look after them they will start to rust/play up

Jemma xx

"RetroEagle" - 32cc Two-Stroke, Piped. 35mph on #13 gear. Reversed stem with springer fork.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemma Hawtrey View Post
there is the slight point that the reason the Japanese motors cost $$$ to further tune is they are pretty much ideally tuned already and the companies involved have researched and tested the engines. The Chengines in comparison are only state of the art if the art is pottery...

Oh gods - the chinese got hold of another make... now they have AJS/Rover?MG/Benelli and thats just the ones I know about.

Strangely though the Chbikes arent all that bad - the one thing they arent is ride and forget - if you dont look after them they will start to rust/play up

Jemma xx
Why do We insist on paying more on maintainance and upkeep just to save a few bucks on the buy in when We could have paid a few bucks more for quality and reliability in the first place?

Jemma I guess You can add Hummer and a few other ammerican autos to Your list
Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 PM

my china engine kit has quality and is reliable to me,maybe everyone else just got a bad kit?
Old 06-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Mine too. Several have sounded like an explosion was imminent, but none so far.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Two weeks ago I put one together for a local guy that was really nice...the engine was a 48 or 49. It did not vibrate at all...It had as much, or more, power than any 70 I have installed.

Three weeks ago I put one together for another customer, and it vibrated so bad I couldn't wait to get off of it.

I told the guy with the 48...If you like this bike, don't sell it...you may never see this kind of performance again.

Jim