Northwoods Ridgedale Cruiser Build

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Those are common problems that can occur with a new ride, except the flat. After you get the bugs worked out you should have no problems... well hopefully.

Keep an eye out on that rear hub, it may take a few times of adjusting the cones before you get it just right. What a sweet ride biknut (^)
Thank's that's what I figured. I'll keep a close eye on everything. The night before last I looked down and one of my front axle nuts was almost ready to fall off.

Thanks for the compliment. That's nice coming from a pro.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Some jackass said I need fenders. I laid my fenders in place to take a look, and it looked so good now I'm obsessed to install them. Of course it'll have to be a custom install.

Moustache

Oct 21, 2010
Annapolis, MD
Wow man, just finished reading through the entire build. You do some awesome work.

I'm thinking of doing a N-Wood for my girlfriend. looks like a great platform to start off on.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Wow man, just finished reading through the entire build. You do some awesome work.

I'm thinking of doing a N-Wood for my girlfriend. looks like a great platform to start off on.
I think you'll pretty happy with it if you do.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yesterday I spent most of the day installing my fenders. I'm now just about totally satisfied with the way my bike looks. I rotated the rear fender back about 30 degrees from stock. Only will be minor changes after this. I'd like a black cruiser headlight, and a mirror, but that's about it. Yeah right lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I figured out that the oil leak I've been seeing is coming from where the intake manifold connects to the head. Obviously it leaks because the manifold needs to be ported lol.

I bought some gasket material at the auto supply and have been hard at it this afternoon hoging out the manifold. i'll post some pictures in a few minutes.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm pretty sure I gained .000001 hp

It seemed like it was running smoother on the bottom end.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ok my bike is running great now but I'm pretty sure it's running rich, because my spark plug is black. In a little while I'm going up to the hardware store and buy some drill bits so I can solder up my jet and drill it out.

If this thing runs any better it's going to be blowing past 30 on the flat. It almost does that now.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ok my bike is running great now but I'm pretty sure it's running rich, because my spark plug is black. In a little while I'm going up to the hardware store and buy some drill bits so I can solder up my jet and drill it out.

If this thing runs any better it's going to be blowing past 30 on the flat. It almost does that now.
Hold the bus. When I took the float bowl off it looked it looked like this. The jet holder wasn't even screwed into the carb body. When I looked on the jet to see what size it is, there's nothing. It must be so faint I can see the marking.

When I tried to screw the jet holder into the carb it wouldn't thread in till I chased the hole with a tap. I put it back together and now I guess I need to check the plugs again before getting crazy with the drill press.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
In the last 3 weeks the Atomic BB has been about as dependable as a brick siht house. Have about 225 total miles now. The only maintenance this month has been to lube and adjust the chains, and lube the pinion gear. Chain adjustments are becoming less frequent with more miles. It's not leaking a drop of oil. Vibration, what vibration?