Venice Motorized Felt Revolver!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's my dream bike that I just finished building for a customer... A Felt Revolver. (Now I have to have one for myself!!)

This bike performed flawlessly on it's maiden voyage, a 20+ mile club ride.
I did a 'in frame' gas tank, custom 1/2" offset steel motor mounts, & I also hollowed out the muffler making it into a expansion chamber, (the engine loved it) It had tons of smooth power & it wasn't too loud.

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Nice job AGAIN ! This in frame tank looks different then others I've seen.Could you ...would you talk alittle about how you did this tank.All the others I have seen have been cut and rewelded.Your method seem to be different?

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Norm
I have to say this bike looks amazing some really nice touches to the bike. I have just one question where is the world did you get the fuel filler neck I have been looking for a quality filler neck for a long time care to share ???
Cheers
Terry

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a very nice Felt. Nice job on the tank also. The only thing that doesn't work in my eye is the whitewall on the rear, is there a reason for this? A black on the back would make this thing teets, honestly!

Nice build, cheers!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Nice job AGAIN ! This in frame tank looks different then others I've seen.Could you ...would you talk alittle about how you did this tank.All the others I have seen have been cut and rewelded.Your method seem to be different?
I've tested several products to seal the rear of the tank & I finally found one that worked perfect!! (I'm keeping it a secret for a short time) The rest is carefully applied JB weld & tank Kreem.

That is a very nice Felt. Nice job on the tank also. The only thing that doesn't work in my eye is the whitewall on the rear, is there a reason for this? A black on the back would make this thing teets, honestly!

Nice build, cheers!
I kinda agree about the single whitewall, but thats the way Felt makes 'em. (but the look grows on ya!) :)
Revolver - Felt Bicycles

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I've tested several products to seal the rear of the tank & I finally found one that worked perfect!! (I'm keeping it a secret for a short time) The rest is carefully applied JB weld & tank Kreem.

I kinda agree about the single whitewall, but thats the way Felt makes 'em. (but the look grows on ya!) :)
Revolver - Felt Bicycles
Thanks Norm, was just really curious about that, thought maybe the guy likes em that way;)

I also had a sneeky suspicion that TB would be gettin that answer....can't say I blames ya fer not lettin the cat outta the bag.....but when ya do! I really need to turn my fat alloy top tubes into tanks...looks so much cleaner. Cheers!

doofedek

Mar 19, 2010
Va. Beach
Felt Slater

Just finished this Felt Slater with SBP jack shaft and Nuvinci hub...only to take it all apart again to get the jack shaft kit powder coated. The ride is unbelievably smooth with very little vibration. It cruises comfortably at 25-28mph (according to a cateye wired speedo). Still working on a couple of upgrades including a front dynohub drum brake. Here are a couple of pics of the almost complete bike...

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Re: Felt Slater

Just finished this Felt Slater with SBP jack shaft and Nuvinci hub...only to take it all apart again to get the jack shaft kit powder coated. The ride is unbelievably smooth with very little vibration. It cruises comfortably at 25-28mph (according to a cateye wired speedo). Still working on a couple of upgrades including a front dynohub drum brake. Here are a couple of pics of the almost complete bike...
Sweet bike!!
Do those Nuvinci's have hand brakes, or coaster brakes???

doofedek

Mar 19, 2010
Va. Beach
Re: Felt Slater

Sweet bike!!
Do those Nuvinci's have hand brakes, or coaster brakes???
The Nuvinci uses a hand brake -- disc or roller. I went with the roller brake mainly b/c you don't need an adapter to use it on a felt frame. Also, it looks cool and seats right in inside the dropouts. It seems to have plenty of stopping power.

I've only run 50 miles on the bike so far, however, the difference is unbelievable. To be able to cruise at 25mph with the motor just over a hum (on flats) as well as start from a dead stop without pedaling is unreal compared to a traditional set-up. I highly recommend it.