Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default How long do engines last?

I have a brand new 2-stroke 'happy fun time' from China.. what are my odds of getting 100,000+ miles on it I'm kidding! Seriously, tell me now or it's on.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: How long do engines last?

You'll see a lot of claims of very high milage out of these little Chinese wonders. Some might be fact, some fancy but in all honesty, I doubt there is a good average number that will apply. This is due to the varying degree of mechanical aptitude among the builders and the way the engines are asked to perform. I have one with over 1800 miles on it and a couple with 500 plus. You'll get more input here from others with many more miles to claim. I ride strickly for pleasure and some local errands. There are those who ride their bikes daily and some who rely on their bikes as their sole form of transportation. Those folks will have much higher milage to report.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"