Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Would this work?

Originally Posted by Kevlarr View Post
Only had a 2 cycle kit but from what I understand the 4 cycles are a bit quieter.

A 2 cycle engine is always going to produce more power per CC then a 4 cycle simply because every 2nd revolution is a power stroke instead of every 4th.

Another thing to keep in mind on a 4 cycle is there are a lot more parts to deal with since they have to have a gear reduction transmission and I have yet to hear of one that is as trouble free as a 2 cycle.
Ok, so is it head-turning loud or just a slight bit louder, cause if it isn't that much of a difference I'd be fine with it. Also, I'm not a small person, but I thought that the 2's had more get-up-and-go and the 4's had a higher top speed total. With your 2, whats your average and top speeds, assuming minimal hills and such?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

My average cruising speed is around 32-35 and I weigh somewhere around 230 but keep in mind I have an expansion chamber, 36 tooth sprocket and I've done a little work on my motor. With the bone stock kit my absolute top speed was 29 (downhill) and I averaged around 22-25.

Something else I just thought of, another plus for a 2 cycle is you just need to spread some old towels over your dining room table and you can have one completely torn down with just minimal hand tools without having to deal with the oil of a 4 cycle.
Straight tubes suck, the beauty is in the bend.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Talking Re: Would this work?

stay on it what ever you get ,, and study an lot ,,,, i was here for a long time before i got my motor and still had some trouble ... but i have studied so many threads i about know what to do for the problem ,,,, this site is like an school to me ... but you dont have to send an stamp away to get started lol ,,, buy an motor and get all the info you need ... your first build is such an reward ,,, great way to learn too . my grand kids love helping me ... i keep it locked up so they cant get to it unless i am with them ... keep us posted ... and after a while you will learn an fix to help others .,,, P. S the locksmith course didnt work out for me lol but that was another site
Old 09-24-2010, 07:14 AM

My stock 50cc 2 stroke kit was pushing 30 MPH after break-in, and you could hear it maybe three or four houses away as I was driving at WOT. Really, people didn't realize what was making the sound until I was going by.

I added an expansion pipe, and now it's pushing 35 MPH (in the flats) and you can hear it about six houses away.
When asking for advice, you did not specify whether you wanted only good advice.

Get on the member map

Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by kattay View Post
Be warned that the gearbox in this kit is the worst on the market.

Also this seller is delusional or a blatant liar making outrageous claims
that the 4 stroke can go 60 mph, etc. Most of the info is wrong.

Two stroke parts are mixed in with the pics of the 4 stroke kit

The motor is good, but you will have to replace the gearbox.
The kit components are so so and you will have no warranty.