Spewing gas, help!

GoldenMotor.com

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Ok just went for about a 30 min ride, came to a stop at a stop sign about 20 min in and noticed gas was dripping pretty heavily out of the tube on the bottom side of the carb (beside the drain screw). I was almost home and the engine started bogging down and quit. It is flooding. So I just pedaled it home and when I got back I noticed gas was dripping from the airfilter as well. Could it be a stuck float? Or has anyone else had this problem?:-||

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
found I had the top clear tube coming off of the carb pinched closed, is that just a vent tube and would it cause the extreme flooding?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
What kind of carb do you mean? Vent tube sounds like a CNS? The vent tube does need to vent on cns type, chinagirls vent through the 'tickle' button. No venting, I think, means the vapour can hold the float open. (gas expands)

Try with the vent tube open, go for a quick boot around the block, and double check its not still doing it.

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
What kind of carb do you mean? Vent tube sounds like a CNS? The vent tube does need to vent on cns type, chinagirls vent through the 'tickle' button. No venting, I think, means the vapour can hold the float open. (gas expands)

Try with the vent tube open, go for a quick boot around the block, and double check its not still doing it.
It is the CNS carb and you are right, I took the carb apart today to inspect it and everything inside was fine. I opened up the vent tube on top and that fixed it, she runs like a top now. Thanks!