Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Bicycle Motor > 2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits

2 Stroke Bicycle Engines & Kits 2 stroke engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!

Need Help 66cc Raw Engine Kit Not Firing/possible Wiring Prob

2 stroke engine kits need careful installation and setup, find out how from our professionals here!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Default Need Help 66cc Raw Engine Kit Not Firing/possible Wiring Prob

bought this raw 66cc engine kit from zone8cycling and mounted it on a micargi jaos 3.0...bike looks great but the engine is not firing at all! in the manual it explains how to hook up the wiring but it seems to contradict itself. first off it has the standard blue white and black wires coming off the magneto (tested the magneto for ohmage and it checks out fine), and the 2 wires off the coil which are blue and black, w the killswitch wires being green and yellow/red stripe. initially it tells me to hook up the killswitch (one wire to blue off the mag and the other to the black off the mag). and later when i hook up the mag it says blue to blue black to black (off the coil) then white to yellow/red striped.....now earlier it told me to hook up the killswitch wires to the blue and black off the mag and now its telling me to hook the yellow/red striped to white..? i thought the white was more like an accessories wire like if i wanted to hook up a headlight.. it also says green is ground. so i had a guy who puts these bikes together mount the motor and he did and he hooked things up the same way it says in the manual, blue to blue black to black white to yellow/red striped and the green to a point on the bike to be the ground. bike got no fire, so he switched out the coils and the mag to see if that was the problem. still didnt work so i just picked it up. now i have wired up things so that blue to blue black to black w the yellow/red stiped wire spliced into the black w the white wire caped and the green wire grounded out on the bike still... this resulted in no fire as well. it seems as though w the wiring that i have now it sounds like it should where its getting plenty of gas, motor goes thru the cycles but simply is just not firing.....any suggestions or input into these wiring contradictions and input on how to get this bike to run properly?
Old 09-04-2010, 04:00 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Need Help 66cc Raw Engine Kit Not Firing/possible Wiring Prob

White to ground will kill it, but the preferred method is blue to black via the switch. If you're running rubber mounts, you'll need to run an extra ground wire. This pic should help, good luck:

edit-oh yea, the white wire is for lights, it outputs 6V, but some bulbs can cause ignition cut-out of they're not 6V

Last edited by killercanuck; 09-04-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: d'oh!
Old 09-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Try and get it started without hooking up the kill switch.

Last edited by headtrama; 09-05-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Motorized Bicycle Member

dont use optional method its never worked well for me , i dont know why its even on the diagram. like killer said the white/ and some times light gray wire is for a light, just cap/tape it off.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:12 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercanuck View Post
White to ground will kill it, but the preferred method is blue to black via the switch. If you're running rubber mounts, you'll need to run an extra ground wire. This pic should help, good luck:

edit-oh yea, the white wire is for lights, it outputs 6V, but some bulbs can cause ignition cut-out of they're not 6V
I hooked mine up exactly like this and I have no spark. everything is brand new.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM

unhook kill switch, take out spark plug, roll bike with plug in your hand and hand against engine bolt - if you fell nothing as engine turns recheck wiring & use a multimeter to check mag coil for something near 350ohms