Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Exclamation Help with my bike , almost finished but one thing is stopping me!

I have been working on my bike for quite some time now and I am almost complete, but I found one problem that seems to be the last thing until I ride it. I have the carb hooked up and ready to go along with the clutch and throttle, and i have the gear/engine mounted fine but the engine wont start. After some investigation I opened up part of the engine and found the alternator. While I test moving it with the clutch off, the alternator seemed to be turning unevenly/slowly. Im pretty sure that it needs to be moving quick and in a smooth pattern to generate the electricity for the spark plug, but its just periodly spinning and at random intervals. I went up too about 14mph for about 30 seconds and it spun a total of 5 times. That seems very off to me , so i was wondering if this is indeed a problem and maybe how could i fix it?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Help with my bike , almost finished but one thing is stopping me!

What type of engine do you have?