Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 08-25-2010, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Default Thank you Bikeguy Joe!

i want to personally thank joe for all his contributions, knowledge and wisdom he has shared with all of us since this forum was first started. he is a true friend and busted his tail trying to make this a nice forum for all of us to learn from. joe has stepped down as a moderator. most of you all have no idea how stressful and how much work it is being a moderator. it absorbs all your time and the stress is quite high trying to keep things running smoothly. i hate to see him step down but i understand. it is a thankless job and i want to say THANK YOU JOE!. you will truly be missed and the door is always open if you decide to return. you were and always will be a huge part of the success this forum has acquired.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Thank you Bikeguy Joe!

Yeah, I frequent another forum online and they have a button for giving people thanks or "cookies" and it posts the number of times they've given or received the honor.

I think that would be a good idea if it could be added to this forum...

And I also would like to thank Joe because his are probably the posts I've most paid attention to for good info...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Thank you Joe!

Follow VMB on facebook>>> facebook.com/VeniceMotorBikes

Follow VMB on Instagram>>> instagram.com/venicemotorbikes
Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Gutter Rider

Thanks Joe! I really enjoyed your posts. I read them all! You helped make this forum a great place and helped keep us honest when bad ideas would arise. This forum has been a good place having you with us.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Gutter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeZXT View Post
Yeah, I frequent another forum online and they have a button for giving people thanks or "cookies" and it posts the number of times they've given or received the honor.

I think that would be a good idea if it could be added to this forum...

And I also would like to thank Joe because his are probably the posts I've most paid attention to for good info...

There would be quit a few!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Thanks guys.

I was here in the very early times, and I was into motorized bikes for a few years before that, when I had the opportunity to be a mod, I thought I would help out all I could since I have been toying with engines, especially two strokes for years and years.

As of late, I have not been much help, and in fact have caused a lot of problems here because I was trying to help with certain problematic issues, which are beyond my control, and hopefully will somehow be rectified before any more damage is done. All I will add to that is DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you buy parts, add ons, or "performance enhancing parts".

Think before you just throw money at your bike and try to use a little ingenuity to replace or enhance the parts of your bikes that you think are deficient, and don't just buy the latest gizmo because someone says it looks cool, you'll be glad you did. Not only will you be amazed at what you can do for yourself, but you will find that there is a certain pride that comes with building or modifying your own parts as opposed to giving a credit card number and waiting for something to (hopefully) arrive.

I'll check in once in awhile and maybe even begin to enjoy motorized bicycling again now that I don't have the B.S. and drama to deal with.

Sometimes being a mod is like beating your head against a brick wall, something I am not fond of. 99.9% of you all have made my (former) job as mod quite pleasant.

Now I am just a "regular guy" and that's alright by me.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

P.S.,

motorbicycling.com is the best, and most informative site for motorized bike aficionados in the universe!

Now go burn some fuel.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Thank you

Adam
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Bikeguy Joe.
I have been a member for a little over a year and have read many of your posts.You have brought a wealth of knowledge to this forum.You have helped countless newbies not only by your posts but by the newbies passing on the knowledge that they gained from you.
Recently you and I had a back and forth about the pro's and con's of WD 40.I agree with 99% of what you wrote.
I was just trying to explain the reason why I use it to penetrate into the anti-seize coated clutch cable.
Some times I come across in a manner that is not intended and if I did I want to apologize.
I did not intend to offend you or any one else.
If I did I am sorry.
I hope that for whatever reason you decided to step down as a moderator our exchange wasn't any part of that decision.
You have been a very valuable voice in this forum and I enjoy reading your post.Thank you.Kip.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 PM

It's all Happy's fault.

Adam