Maniac Mechanic-Real Deal

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Recently people have been bashing Jim about his shop, so i thought i would ad in my $.02

Last spring i visited the shop. I met Jim,Karen, and Dylan, know here as DVbikes. The shop was very cool, i got to see some of the bikes he was working on and the CNC mill.

Jim is authentic. You guys have to realize, he cant make a million parts at once. Bigger orders come first. Plus these parts are made by Jim in HIS shop. I am not perfect, Jim is not perfect, NO ONE IS PERFECT. Sometimes stuff happens. And some people just need to put up with it.Jim has offered refunds to most when something goes wrong.

Now i think a good point is made here by Silverbear
I'm not against posts expressing negative experiences. I've been pretty supportive of Jim for the simple reason that my experiences with him have been good. Sure, I had to wait some, but I knew that was the situation when I ordered. He does custom work and the bigger orders come first. I can only report on my own experiences. Good products some of which are available nowhere else, more than fair prices and in my own experience good customer service. I'm not a fan and not a "cheerleader". Not into hero worship. I will say that Jim was one of the people who helped me out when I most needed it. As did a couple of you who are the most vocal as his critics. It pains me to hear the negative personal attacks as I consider all three of you my friends. Each of you has been kind to me, each of you has my respect. However, I wish this soap opera would end. Can we change the channel and get back to our normal programming? The criticisms have been posted many times. It has been said and heard. If there's something new to report, then do so, but why keep hashing over the same old? It sounds like an ongoing grudge and is pointless.
SB
And azbill
well,,,

just to show there are 2 sides to every story,,,

I for one, had a very good experience with Jim !!!
he gave me some excellent advice and my adapter and sprocket (72t) were done quickly and recieved in less time than he thought they would be
an EZM customer of mine also ordered 2 sprockets (56t & 64t) and recieved them in a very timely manner

I understand being frustrated, but not all have had bad dealings with Jim

just my $.02 on the subject

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
Wow weekend fun! You were in Florida? Were you there for other reasons or just to see Jim? Anyways I wasn't going to comment about Jim since this issue has been going on and on but since I haven't posted on any of the threads about Jim then I will.

I agree with you. I have had nothing but great dealings with him and I love the products.

Status
Not open for further replies.