Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Default Re: New Rider with WildFire Motorbike, looking for Master Link...

The local bike shop I go to carries 415 chain. I bought two 8 foot lengths so I have plenty of chain to add extra links. Since you're wanting to use the master link, you should call your local bike shops to see if they have any 415 master links or see if they could get you some. I know some guys put nail polish on the clip to prevent them from coming off. Also I found out that if you install a masterlink clip backwards, they will come off. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: New Rider with WildFire Motorbike, looking for Master Link...

Originally Posted by John-Forrest View Post
Hello, I'm new here and I'm John-Forrest with a WildFire Motorbike WF-26MB. It's basically a combination of a bicycle and 49cc engine that I have registered as a moped in MA. I've only had it for a week and other day, engine chain broke off, probably because when I tightened bike chain, engine chain got too tight. I'm looking for a Master Link to put it back together.

The length of chain is 300 mm (3 feet). Each link is 20 mm long by 12 mm wide (face down). That's also 3/4 inch x 1/2 inch in English. Does the Master Link for 415 match with that?

I'm asking Grady Howell, if he's there.

Thanks,John Forrest
I had my WF26-MB two weeks before mine broke down, please fully read instructions, like they say about Harley's you have to keep all nuts and bolts tightened including the carb. as a nut came off mine and went into the shaft to the cylinder therefore seasing up the engine, the way it happened I also broke my chain, Cheney is my town makes chains but I assure you that you will have to contact WildFire Motors for a new chain and ask for some extra links I paid under $20 delivered, when mine broke down I replaced it with a regular $2000 50cc scooter in 2008, mine is for sale if interested for $275 with zero miles on it with new engine & chain. Ron V Lansing,MI