Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member
Default Re: I wanna go faster! Help me do it =)

Originally Posted by BarelyAWake View Post
Personally? I wanna see records broken, I'd love to hear about how it was done - you can bet I'll be there readin' and memorizing every detail & following yer advice, rippin' my motor down & tinkerin' away...

...but if ya can't be bothered to hand the cam to a buddy in a chase car or film the GPS, don't bother to post what speeds ya think ya reached as honestly? The folks who know these motors are either laughing at ya, or really want to know ALL of the exact details down to the last MPH precisely - because after all, with these tiny lil motors it really is about the most fractional gains.

Without proof - it's all jus' stories *shrug*
BarelyAWake, this last posting was awesome. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...seriously, post of the month material. Very insightfull, again thank you!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:17 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

No worries, Barely, i don't take anything personally. especially over the internet...

i agree with you, and my post wasn't aimed at you, even what i quoted from you was used as an example. there's a lot of people out there that don't think these motors can do anything. i like proving those people wrong.

i also agree on the proof. which is kinda funny since i've never posted any, but at least i have reliable witnesses.

tomorrow, i'm meeting up with a couple people, with a GPS and a video camera, so...
Old 03-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

You ARE obsessed with this engine balancing act, aren't you? ;-)
Old 03-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
To those of you that think the guy is lying:
If he got an engine with more ideal engine balance (ie: lighter piston and wrist pin or flywheels with more weight removed from around the con rod pivot) then it is very possible he reached higher-than-normal speeds. The engine imbalance is the greatest hindrance these engines have. Maybe the chinese factory finally ran out of the out-of-balance parts and now are utilizing ones that give better balance.
So your telling me he just so happened to get a motor that is balanced,lighter piston and or flywheel????Your out of control....This guy has a stock motor like the rest of us and it doesnt even have a aftermarket carb,exaust pipe or anything else....
IF I CANT FIX IT,IT ISN'T BROKEN!....ummmmmmm so I thought....