Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default intake and carb

I was thinking of eventually putting on a typhoon intake and a CNS carb for a skyhawk "80cc" and leaving it at that without any other mod's
I can bolt things in the right place, but have no idea how to tune an engine. is this how those two things work? or do i have to do other things to get the bike to run right?
...any suggestions?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: intake and carb

First, you need to learn to read a spark plug, and a few basics before you "mod" your engine. If you just bolt stuff on and don't know how to tune, you are throwing away money and time.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: intake and carb

While I run a CNS and like it a lot better than stock, it alone is not going to give you the performance increase yer prolly hoping for & it can be a finicky pain to dial in for the first time.

For the money, I'd recommend a good expansion chamber exhaust system as yer first "mod" - not only is it the most pronounced improvement over stock, but it's really just a matter of bolting it on & yer done

...well, ya should prolly double check the plug's color, but ya should do that after any alteration