Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default MN boy checking in

First off, you guys have the best emoticons.

I am not sure when or why the idea of a DIY gas bike came to me. I won't be putting a gas bike together for this season. Rather, I plan to do my research and possibly build over the winter so it is ready to go next spring. I am hoping this approach will save me headaches and allow me to get some deals on parts/accessories. I haven't had a chance to do much research so I am quite green.

I am currently eyeing a Schwinn Delmar at the Wally World. I do not doubt this bike choice could change after researching the ideal cruisers.

I will probably start with MN regs. I do know that anything over 49cc is considered a motorcycle in MN (I am assuming this is a common definition for many states). I will go from there with respect to lights, signals, and making them street legal.

I am hoping this forum yields good choices for a motor under 50cc and how to properly accessorize a bike with respect to mods, lights, signals, brakes, rack/storage/basket, etc.

If anyone wants to give me a few hints on preferred motors, i wouldn't complain.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Default Re: MN boy checking in

Howdy Rainman, welcome.
worst apocalypse ever