Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default A strange question!

Well, maybe not that strange but...... a problem none the less.

I want to build myself a motor bike, preferably 4-stroke and I was wondering exactly how much omph I would have to use as far as the engine is concerned to propel my rather dense carcass at reasonable speed and also be capable of carrying my 330 pound(weightlifter)frame up-hill.

While I do not have any experience with engines I do have quite a bit of experience with machine-tools and I have an forever growing shop so I can make custom...pretty much anything.

Since I don't really think I will find much in the forums about riders with my kind of tonnage I am posting this.

Any ideas on what it will take in the line of power for a trail bike which is what I want to build?

Last edited by MasterMaker; 07-11-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Default Re: A strange question!

Howdy MM, welcome. There are a lot of large riders here who can better advise you. But it is pretty amazing what any of the 4 smoker kits can do. Also check out the DIY section. Lots of really cool builds.
worst apocalypse ever
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Thumbs up Re: A strange question!

Welcome MasterMaker...enjoy the ride! I'm no expert on physics and moving mass, but I think a 4-stroke of 50-100cc ought to do just fine. You're already one step ahead with a machine shop at your disposal, sounds like you'll be going places (on a motorized bike at that). I'm sure someone of larger stature and expirience with mab's will chime in...cheers!

EZ Motorbike Dealer - San Diego, CA.
Nothing is out of my realm,
if it doesn't fit, make it fit! Beer is the answer....what was the question?
A sense of humor costs nothing, why don't people use them more often?
"You can't buy have to earn it"
Old 07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: A strange question!

For less than a straight 4-stroke you can build a 66cc 2-stroke with a jackshaft kit so you have gears.
A good 3-speed hub bike works dandy, but if you need more gears you can use a derailer bike too.

On a 3-speed 2nd is like a direct drive, 1st is granny gear and 3rd is overdrive.
Just search this forum for "Jackshaft" for more info.
I have a topic about mine here too.
KC's Krusiers Builds