Got a DWI on my bike a couple weeks ago!

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I took off to drive a few streets up the block and got pulled over by the fuzz....He pulled me over becouse my lights were not on,or atleast that is why I think he pulled me over(I was wasted)....Well they halled me into the station and charged me with a DWI,man I am so mad at myself....They took my bike and put it in property(like were they keep your wallet and stuff)....I got out a couple days later(on bond) and there was no charge to get my bike out(I guess it wasent big enough to call a tow truck)I think they halled it in the truck of one of the cop cars....Well the next morning I went straight to rehap and stayed a couple of weeks and now im looking at mabe doing alot of prison time and I dont know if I will be able to ride my bike around the naborhood anymore becouse they know me now and will probley give me a hard time(I was a real ass to them,like I said I was wasted and mad they even messed with me)....In the state of texas you can get a DWI on a bicyle,lawnmower or anything else with wheels,I think that includes a unicyle lol....

John-John

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Truth be told it's play the game and pay the price, it's just a matter of time. Face plant or tree, cop or a car - riding one of these bikes wasted is gonna cost you.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Hope you don't have to do much time,I've been a member scense April of '89 of the double A group. I was lucky, no body was hurt ,just creased a car door,Tx. was pretty bad in the 80's probebly a lot worse now ,Good Luck.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Good luck to you.I have been sober for two and a half years,and its gotten better for me.It can for you to.Mabey the mod should stick to moderating the forum and not others lives.It must be tough being perfect. Its not about sympathy its about support.
Thanks for the support guys....I hope I can get through this without doing time and end up with alot of probation....Ive learned my lesson that is for sure....

John-John

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
They always say ya gotta hit bottom before you can climb back out of the hole you've dug yourself. Nothing wrong with having a few drinks as long as you can keep it under control....maybe next time-stick around the house or bum a ride if you need to go somewhere.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I wish you the best in your recovery, It's only by the grace of God that I am even alive after some of the stunts I pulled in my past, But I can tell you one thing for sure putting my faith and trust in Jesus Christ is why I am where I am today, he pulled me out of the hole I was in and gave me a new life, it's not easy all the time and there are so many false so called preachers out there that are spreading lots of lies, but if you call out to the Lord and are serious about making a change in your life he will hear and will start a work in your life that will get you on the right track, this is not just talk like some may say or think, it is a reallity in my life and is truth and life for anyone who will believe and obey God's word.

Take care of yourself, I wish you well in every area of your life.

God Bless, Shan in Texas

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Saw your name, fall down stand up. Sounds like you might have a cronic drinking problem. Maybe you should change it to "stagger left stagger right fall down stand up"!

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
We have all made mistakes. We all just have to learn from them. I don't know you but I've seen your posts. Use this situation as your turning point. When I have a tough or uncomfortable road ahead, I remember this quote: "Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life." I think it helps me remember that you can only change what's ahead not behind you.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
don't get scared off by all the religious sounding stuff, read the Big Book ,first 164 pages covers what you will want to know

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I know some one who got a DUI on a horse
But wouldn't the horse have to be drunk too? In all honesty I think that would be one that a lawyer would have a field day with since as a RIDER of the horse you can't make one do anything that could cause it to knowingly injure itself. The few times I was on a horse I was never driving I was just along for the ride, the horse was in charge. lol

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
don't get scared off by all the religious sounding stuff, read the Big Book ,first 164 pages covers what you will want to know

The book of Proverbs is well past the first 164 pages as well as many many good things. King James bible My friend.

I too for a time in my life thought I needed to drink. I do not drink what so ever and don't miss it a bit. I did some silly stuff and got lucky in my day no wrecks or DWI's And I deserved both. Just glad my habits were not severe enough. There were many times I should not have driven. My life without the boos is perfect. It never did me any favors. One terrible habit with no real good what so ever.

Good luck with your recovery !

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
One's a wrecker, the other a killer, or turn that one around if you want.

It all boils down to money. Sell the booze, then fine and incarcerate. Sell the smokes, then pay for the cancer treatments.
Same with the fast food people, "Super Sized me" then pay for the heart problems, and all the other health problems you get.

Fall-Down-Stand-Up- I wasn't trying to be harsh on you, and I am glad you said you are seeking re-hab. But we all must take personal responsibilities for our actions. And now is your time to pay, and pay and pay and pay....

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Buddy. That shoorly sux. I tried calling you but think I have an old #. You are not alone. Loved and well liked here. If dark times do come. (doing time) I want you to remember the song; YouTube - Southern Cross : Crosby, Stills & Nash You will survive being busted. As soon as I finish this, gonna resend you my cell # and home addy. You can write back to post here and I will post.

If you lose hope, faith or good. Take mine buddy. Got yer back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.