Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: Airless tires: any drawbacks?

This was the thread I was looking for.

I've been reading for two hours at least.. Saw a Muffler mods, electrical, read why we solid mount the motors. Nice since I had my motor shake loose and the exhaust come loose on a long ride where I was listening to the Walkman and not the motor.

So Solid or "Airless" are like soft pressure is on a tube.

So I want HD Tubes, quality tires and slime the tubes.

I'm starting to learn the ins and outs.

The Bike is running well.. I'm aiming to keep it that way.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Re: Airless tires: any drawbacks?

i have had a million flats and I get a good rim liner or elec tape steel rims get less flats than alum rims with the ribs on the inside and dremel out the valve stem hole so it nice and loose and get a few drops of wheaterstip adhesive and glue the tire to the rim, it holds it and can be broken free easily, keep a patch kit and small hand pump on bike with the thin bic shop patches not the thick intube ones. if you get a flat dont take the wheel off just dig out the intube and carry a little pill bottle of soapy water t find leak , patch it with tube partially inflated put it back together and off you go. next step is the tire liners or slimmy tube stuff. I wouldnt go to airless because the tires are your suspension.