Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default Re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

And it's stuff like this that keeps me coming back !

http://motorbicycling.com/f9/juicer-...les-19291.html

Wow ! ! !
Old 07-25-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bairdco View Post
..........one of my goals when i build a bike is to make it as fast, safe, and reliable as possible. to me, riding with traffic at 40+ is safer than trying to do 25-30.......
Another time and another thread is probably better to have a go at discussing this and I agree with much of the substance of your whole post.

However, the state regs here are motorized bicycle friendly (IE: no tags, insurance, inspection), well defined and clear. motorized bicycles and mopeds are to have a top attainable speed of 30mph and a max operating speed of 25mph.

The speeds you're suggesting put you into cat2 (30mph-40mph) which is LUV (limited use vehicle) and subject to having manufacturers COO, and obtaining title, plates, insurance, inspections including emissions and DOT everything.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:37 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong if your bike has registration, plates,and insurance 40+ is good in your book?

Because Baird has all the goods

Adam
Old 07-25-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyvalley View Post
Another time and another thread is probably better to have a go at discussing this and I agree with much of the substance of your whole post.

However, the state regs here are motorized bicycle friendly (IE: no tags, insurance, inspection), well defined and clear. motorized bicycles and mopeds are to have a top attainable speed of 30mph and a max operating speed of 25mph.

The speeds you're suggesting put you into cat2 (30mph-40mph) which is LUV (limited use vehicle) and subject to having manufacturers COO, and obtaining title, plates, insurance, inspections including emissions and DOT everything.
But they are not mopeds or motorcycles.

They are bicycles and I ride bicycles with no motors at all 30 to 40 mph or faster.

It is not against the law as far as I know.

Why would people want to put a motor on a bicycle if it has to go slower than it will go without a motor ?

Here is an idea.

Before you put a motor on a bicycle take it to a steep hill and see how it handles above 40 mph.

When you get a good handle on going over 40 mph then put a motor on it if you dare !

Top speed on level ground also depends on the weight of the rider.

Some people are using them as fat old dude mobility scooters and weigh 300+lbs

Going over 40 mph some of those dudes could take out a house ! ! !

edit : Sorry if I have offended any fat old drunks that have too many dui's that ride motor bicycles !

Not you happy, your my hero !

Last edited by motorbiker; 07-25-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Let's steer this thread back on topic.

Thank you.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

i joined because i always saw all kinds of questions being asked.. being a motorcycle and auto mechanic of 24years and some machining exp i figured i might be albe to help.. i love anything with wheels and a small engine.. its like geting to relvie your childhood.. i started a small building service and repir shop in myy home and love the smiles when a new person trys there bike for the first time or seeing someone get thers to run after having problems.. not trying to get rich as long as i can aford smokes and gas for mine im happy.. i allways go for a ride with a new person after i build their bike for them.. just trying to get as many of these bikes on the road as i can so the "movment" grows!!
Old 07-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

I joined this site because My wife bought me a motorized bike to get back n forth to work we live in Florida and its so much cheaper then paying for a second car. Now i just have to learn how to keep it running cause it's the closest thing to a motorcycle she will let me ride and to be honest it's fun enough that i actually enjoy my 5 mile commute to work!
Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 PM

I joined 'cause i could tell the people here were friendly and helpful, once I started having problems, people were happy to help.

66/80cc Stinger on a Black Huffy.
6-speed shifter kit pulling a trailer.
Everything stock(so far)
Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

Ya gotta love these little badass machines!

The way i got into it was a friend of mine got a second offense DUI in the state of GA, not so good, so his mom said "what about a motorized bicycle?" at first both of us were like , the only motorized bicycles we saw were all old man dorkado jobs, but than we saw the board trackers!! EUREKA!! i had always liked those bikes and am a biker anyway with shovelheads and inline four choppers and the such and got to thinkin that those beach cruiser bikes look an awful lot like board trackers... so it began, my little bro got interested too do we ordered the kits and went to town.

I think the biggest coolness for me is the real freedom u have on these things, i mean they are bicycles so that means i can ride sidewalks and roads and not wear a helmet unless i just wanted too, which i wont, but anyway it should be my choice not the damn government! So i am ridin the mess outta this thing and it is so much more fun than i even thought....
Old 07-26-2010, 08:56 PM

In the great state of Georgia there is a provision for operation of gas bike.Georgia Moped Laws.............. I'm not trying to bust your bubble just make you aware.