Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 07-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

i was banned from the other forum also for trying to help. i know this program that runs the sites pretty well but when i offered to help and gave a few suggestions to make the programing run smoother the guy got really nasty with me and i was told if i thought i could do it better to do it my own site so i did one. not sure if this one is better because they both have great members and things you can learn. i know i like this one better but of course i am partial
Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM
minor bike philosopher

I joined back in the day because the other site wouldn't help me except for Norman. Norman is a national treasure as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

i had a 2 stroke in high school (5 years ago then army then iraq then i got to come back missed it so much so i got a 4 stroke ) the other forum we all speak of has changed from i rember it being i joined when it was like 20 guys now if u post a question no one will awnser seems they got all snooty still check in look around but this is my site know i rember audidog never had a problem with him he always helped me out i rember that was the main guy who awnsered all my questions glad theirs a more advanced site with a better comunity of riders

got my kits from dax (would recomend )
Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM

Hi Andrew

Welcome And Thanks For Serving To Protect Us!! Ron

NEVER BEAT ON IT, GET A BIGGER HAMMER

"A MAN WHO SAY`S IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT A MAN DOING IT"
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

i just joind this great forum because everyone is vary help full and i dont even have a bike yet but getting ready to order one as soon as i can and as far as ive seen u all treat each other like the best of friends cant wait to learn more thank you all
Old 07-16-2010, 09:05 PM

I got into this hobby when my Dad was looking on the net for electric bike kits and stumbled onto gasbike.net. He ordered one of the 48cc kits, spur of the moment. I laughed at him when he told me what he had ordered. But when it came in, I helped him install it on a cheapy Schwinn Del Mar and decided that it actually looked pretty cool. Then I went for a ride! That day I ordered my own kit. I moved in with my old man when I started trade school to be an aircraft mechanic, it helps not having to pay rent when you are a full time student. Now that I've graduated and work part time in my field, I still live here because of that PART TIME part of my job. But motorized bikes have given me and Dad something to do together. It has become our father-son thing. He currently has 2 bikes up and running and I'm working on my second build. So far we are only two of three people in this town that have a motorized bicycle and the other guy is a real A-hole, so we don't associate.

I joined this forum because everyone seemed friendly and knowledgeable. I figured that when I needed to ask a question, this would be the place to ask. I never even saw the "other" forum until after I had joined this one. From what little I have read "over there" it doesn't look like a place that I want to be a part of.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:59 PM

A guy at work showed up riding one of these contraptions one day and I knew I had see it before, like from my childhood

It was driving me crazy so I went on a cyber quest and kept running into this site
I mentioned it to my mother and she reminded me of an old rusted dilapidated Schwinn Whizzer that belonged to my dad in my grandmother's barn that I used to play on when I was about 3 or 4
Then she showed me a picture of her first bike that her father had pick up in New Orleans , a Simplex

I told an older friend about it and he promptly ordered an engine from a guy with a bumblebee logo and a Walmart Huffy Cranbrook
That thing was the most fun I have had in a long time, both building and riding

Then I bought a used motorized mountain bike, that I still can't get running, for my oldest son and an OCC chopper along with a good running Kikker Napa Bonesaw scooter, for $125, to build into a motor scoot for his daughter

I finally found the bike I wanted as my first, a Schwinn Point Beach cruiser and ordered my 66cc motor for it two days ago

I'm fairly invested into the hobby now and this is the best forum I have found for it
Old 07-18-2010, 03:14 PM

I joined both forums about the same time 2 years ago, found out about them almost simultaneously.
I posted more on the other site, no reason but time constraints allow only so much input.
Never had a problem on either site......until the past week. New moderator there, inexperienced and on some kind of power trip handing out infractions. When I questioned that I was banned, lol.
Respect is earned.

Oh well, good to be amongst the outcast, lol.

Ride on.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Happy

Welcome, This Place Is Like A Gentle Forgiving Wife! I Got 7 Point Against Me Over There A Few Days Ago. I Think They Like It More Like An Owners Manual. I Have Friends On Both Forums, I Think! Lol.

I Get Po At These Carburators, Thats Enough Anger For Me, In My Senior Yrs!!

Ron

NEVER BEAT ON IT, GET A BIGGER HAMMER

"A MAN WHO SAY`S IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT A MAN DOING IT"
Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 AM

Thanks NT, already feel at home.
So what'd ya do, 7 points for missing a punctuation mark, lol.
The timing sounds like maybe you got hit by the same little man who's taking
being a mod on a wrench turners forum waaaaay too seriously, lol.
Enough of that, ride on.