Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Sponsors

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to the World of Motorized Bicycles Forum announcements and instructions for posting on motorbicycling.com. To start a new thread choose the appropriate area. No new threads can be started in this area

Old 07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist

Red face Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

Why did I join this great forum?

I just want to share my reasons why I joined this forum, how it all began... so that you might wanna share your reasons too...

It all started when I needed an alternative mode of portable transportation, which I can use for my daily transportation. Then I saw this Mr. Bean movie with a motorized bicycle in it. That's where I got the idea in the first place. So like everybody else, a guy would do what is expected, search the internet... so before I bought my kit, had to do some research. It all said that installation was easy, as long as the engine can fit the bicycle frame. So I bought the kit, then try to find a frame to fit it. Finding a seller was also a bit a problem because very few had international shipping back then. So I completed my build. But I wanted more performance without affecting longevity... then did some research again. And all search engines seems to always take me to this great site. So I began reading, and found that I'm going to have some problems, since most of the problems I have read, I have not encountered yet. And as I read through the forum, it seems that everybody was friendly and very helpful, and that everybody was having fun, so I joined this great forum.

Then it happened, yup all the problems mentioned, I did encounter, but now at least I know what to do, what to expect, and how it can be fixed. It gave me hope in these engines, as long as we don't give up.

Great many thanks to this forum and to all the members!!! Cheers!!!

Caution: This hobby is habit forming.

Last edited by Technocyclist; 07-03-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Default re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

Tec

Nice Post, Thanks! Ron .

NEVER BEAT ON IT, GET A BIGGER HAMMER

"A MAN WHO SAY`S IT CANNOT BE DONE SHOULD NOT INTERRUPT A MAN DOING IT"
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I had seen motorized bikes in the past, mostly the rack mount type. I have been into two wheeled motorized contrivances for about 40 years now. I was looking on ebay for something completely unrelated, and stumbled upon the dax listing.

Since you asked...... I joined this forum because the other place I was at booted me because I mentioned that they were very rude to newbs and that maybe the hobby would suffer for it.

Yes, that is all it took.

They were very classy about it.....a couple of them threatened me with violence! Afterwards the main mod *augidog* apologized to me because he was "bi-polar as all get out"....then let the ban stand.

I came to this site when I found out about it, and have been here for awhile now. I like to help and help shortcut the learning curve for others.

Last edited by Bikeguy Joe; 07-04-2010 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:49 PM
a guy who makes cool bikes

Why did i join this forum, you ask? i know somebody asked. or at least thought, "man, WTF is that bairdco guy doing here. what a jackass..."

i joined because i moved to Costa Mesa and was riding my skateboard to the store, and this loud, smoky, flat black piece of crap rode past me, and i was all, "hunh? what the heck was that?"

so i googled it and found this place. wait, that's not right. first, i looked on ebay and saw a semi-cool lookin' old schwinn with a motor for 800 bucks. i thought, "i have 800 bucks. that'd be cool to have."

then i googled it and found this place. and i found out that that old schwinn wasn't 800 dollars cool. it was more like 400 dollars cool. but i still didn't buy it. i made my own. then i made another. and another...

[sarcasm font] now, i stick around here just to make fun of people and show off how much cooler my bike's are than everyone else's.[/sarcasm font]

Last edited by Bikeguy Joe; 07-04-2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: continuity.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:12 AM

Came to spread the word of electric bicycles So others might learn and enjoy them as much as i do. Outside of dedicated e-bike forums people don't seem to know much about the modern technology and how well modern e-bikes perform in both speed and range hopefully
i might be able to help out some people looking at bulding their own e-bikes like i did myself.

KiM
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Hi Techno, welcome ;-}

There is all kinds of good info here.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:24 AM

There are so many sponsors (mb dealers) to get gear from, and all the unlimited tips & ideas, and problems that are worked out. (24/7)
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Why did I join this great Motorized Bicycle forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeguy Joe View Post
Since you asked...... I joined this forum because the other place I was at booted me because I mentioned that they were very rude to newbs and that maybe the hobby would suffer for it.
I know what you mean about that "other site" now.
I was banned as well because I mentioned my keylock ignition and wire upgrade with pictures for the posters question about wiring problems.

If they don't want me around helping others so be it.
I just have to shake my head at total bans for something like that too funny as I run several forums and a "time out" is usually anyone gets. They have to really be a jerk to get a total ban.

There is a lot less starch in the shorts here, and not a corn cob in sight ;-}
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Yupz i'm also banned from "the other" forum also Its by far the worst run forum i have every been associated with, motorbicycling is light years ahead.

KiM
Old 07-12-2010, 09:35 AM

I joined because I absolutely love this. I am into all sorts of other things, but this is very different for some reason. This is the only forum that I have ever joined or participated in. It is refreshing to see that there are others out there that are like minded (maybe not with the JB weld though) and enjoy similar things. I played with the 4 stroke kit for a couple of years before upgrading to the horizontal motorcycle engine. Turns out that there were a few others into that as well. Lots of good information, debate, and fellowship here. I'm glad to be a part of it.