Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: new engine..bogged out. new need help :)

Take us step by step the process you use to mix the oil. 16:1 should be MORE oil than 32:1, therefore less dangerous. It'l gunk up the motor but you can always clean it.
Super•Happy•Fun•Time (soo-per-hap-ee-fuhn-tahym) n, 1: The expression of time one
enjoys riding a Happy Time motorized vehicle. 2: A high-risk situation one participates in with a Happy Time motorized vehicle that society considers to be reckless, dangerous, and/or stupid. SEE Suicide.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie

running at 24:1 fuel with new NGK BP6HS plug and adjusted the carb needle to one notch above stock (one notch down from the most top notch) I got a nice 30 minutes or more run time..the engine stalled out once but I managed to get it going again.. I got home, waited an hour for things to cool, then tried to start the engine again but cant seem to get it running.. I made sure things were cool and took out the plug... a small bit of oil and a dark tan color.. better then the other 2 plugs Ive used >< . The engine wont it still too rich ? Do i move the carb needle up another notch
Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

I'm breaking in a bgf motor myself with less than 5 2.5l tanks on it.I my self was at 32:1 then went to 25:1, and now I'm at 16:1. My engine doesn't have any problems starting. I was running into a bog down problem to but I think I have it fixed, goodluck.