help please!!!

GoldenMotor.com

snobord28

Jun 2, 2010
Bakersfield
hi all, just went through 2 gal of 16:1 for break in and swiched to 32: today. well I was riding and all felt good then it died. I started back up rode for a while then died when I was coasting again.what do you all think that this could be?Now it Idle's ok but when I get going and engage the motor, it boggs down and i have no power,I have to pull clutch in and be on a lil gas or it dies. I'm going to try to put the stock plug back in when it cools,mabye it will do something. Please help It sucks Ive had to tinker with this thing sooo much its driving me crazy!!!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Does it die when you stop? Turn your idle up some, the screw can vibrate loose.
When you take the plug out, look at it and see how it's running.
Going from 16:1 (ridiculously oily mixture) to 32:1 will make your engine run richer, fuel to air wise.

In fact, running two gallons of 16:1 will ruin your plug...

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
When trying new oil ratios, take smaller steps. Try 24:1 next. Good luck getting her running again.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Does it die when you stop? Turn your idle up some, the screw can vibrate loose.
When you take the plug out, look at it and see how it's running.
Going from 16:1 (ridiculously oily mixture) to 32:1 will make your engine run richer, fuel to air wise.

In fact, running two gallons of 16:1 will ruin your plug...

what? i ran my engine on 16:1 for half A year before switching to 20:1. then engine ran fine for over 4000k i had the same plug the whole time