Bigmac Here!! Am I being abit too mad?

GoldenMotor.com

Bigmac

Jun 18, 2010
Suffolk, England
Hi guys,
I did recently register on motoredbikes but they seem to have deleted my account? Ah well, their loss!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and ask a question.
Basically I'm completely bonkers and want to shoe horn a 110cc 4speed engine into a bmx or similar small framed bike. Will a BMX frame be strong enough for the combined weight? I want to cut the bottom cross bar off and reinforce in the appropriated places to open up some space.
Any advice/abuse is appreciated :) (well- maybe less of the abuse :D)
Mac :)

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I guess it depends on the metal type, but i'f it is properly enforced I don't see an issue with it. In fact I may get a bmx and try one of those myself. I have a 110 4 speed that is currently being installed on an occ chopper, I was thinking about making a couple bikes and just swapping the engine when I wanna ride somethin different.

ezdoesit

Jun 17, 2010
Michigan
Welcome to the sight Bigmac! We have a lot of Great Guys here, you should have no trouble Buying, selling , and trading! Not to mention the wealth of knowlege here to tap into! Good luck on your projects!

Bigmac

Jun 18, 2010
Suffolk, England
Cheers Guys, I've been eyeing up and oldschool bmx in a scrappy nearby- Are they of good build quality? I though maybe as older transport seems to be made more heavy duty unless it's from china or somewhere like that...

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Welcome to the forum!
I hope you enjoy things here.
As for the "other site", no, they did not delete your account, they changed servers and lost alot of data in the process. The customer service reps at the old server were being a pain for them, and did not do things right during the transfer.