Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default father & son project

We are planning to build an 1909 Indian Road Style Tribute Motorcycle with a sidecar for a dog at this point. I say motorcycle because I want the look of a V-Twin and Morini doesn't cut it.
The plan:
Stretch and modify a Worksman's frame with a drop loop for a Lifan 250cc V-twin wtih 28x3 Coker Tires and rims from Timeless. Use a 36 spoke moped rear hub and brake. Custom build a leaf spring front fork like Halcyon, but for a 28x3 tire and use a front drum brake. The closest I have seen is "another boardtrack racer" video on youtube (my inspiration).

I have flipped back and forth between the above planned motorcycle build versus building a motorized bike using a 9.4hp Morini on a drop loop frame from sportscarpat and moving the seat over the rear tire for a 1908 period correct look. It would be a boardtrack racer tribute with no sidecar and 26 inch tires. I could buy every custom part needed from someone here on the forum, but then your assembling not fabricating (3/4 of fun lost in my book). If Crazy Horse was a religion, I would be a follower esecially after his lastest mini V-twin engine thread (i already viewed the v-twin videos during my research and tried making some contacts for a custom engine build) and the 1906 book he found on building your own 3.5hp motorized bike (thanks).
Old 06-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: father & son project

Welcome to the site....keep us posted with photos!