Custom and Reproduction Headbadges

GoldenMotor.com

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Hi my names Terry and my son and I make Custom Headbadges in Brass and Copper upon request. We can take your pictures and idea's and turn them into a cool badge to put on the front of your even cooler ride. After spending so much time building that special motored bike its no longer a Schwinn or Huffy or...well you get the idea...its YOURS. When they see the badge on the front they know its yours if you designed it also.
Well thats where we come to help. We take your idea's and make you that special badge to call yours. But what if your rebuilding an older bike and the badge or that id plate under the crank is almost destroyed and you want to stay as correct as possible..we can help restore them for you also. Got a theme bike your building...we can do that too..and at what I hope you all think is a reasonable price. We started this so that most everyone can have one or two...even. My son and I do our best to make a dang nice looking badge.
Heres a few pictures to look at....
1. This is a restoration I did for a friend the original on the left was wore off on the upper part. I scanned it in and redrew it before etching.
2. Is an old Schwinn that I had that was cracked half way across, same thing scanned in and redrew but changed the text.
3. Just a simple set of letter but looks really good in brass.
4. Is a converted picture trying to see if I could reproduce and image or photo. I hand drew in the buttons and outlines and shadows over the top to give it a bit more depth. One of my favorites.
5. Is a custom build a friend of mine on RRB is doing in the build off going on. He's got one cool story line going and one heck of a build on his hands. Bet you cant guess whats its based around by looking at the badge.

But most badges run around 33 dollars shipped to your door or post office...the break down is
1. $10.00 to draw out something from your idea's (about two hours) if its really detailed might be a 5 dollar up charge.
2. $20.00 dollars to etch in brass. If copper is wanted it would be $2.00 dollars more.
3. $3.00 dollars to ship first class with Delivery Confirmation.

BUT WAIT are you an artist and can draw your own....GREAT if you can send me a vector based file that is usable in my system then you can save the charges for artwork. Just make sure its a vector based file jpegs and other files dont work well in metal etch and have to be redraw.

But thanks for reading my post my names Terry and my sons name is Wade and we love to help you design and make a badge for YOUR motored bike.

you can contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
those look great. i'll be ordering a few as soon as i get the artwork done (and some extra cash;))

i think what you're charging is a great price. i've priced some before and they're more than twice that. even saw some in silver for a coupla hundred bucks!

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Thats right Baird thats why I got into doing them I wanted one and couldnt afford it even though those in silver are gorgeous.. but dont despair Im workingon a silver finish for them too....hope to have it going soon.
Terry

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Wonder how much a plating shop would charge to nickle plate one. For the old timey look nickle is way better then chrome or silver.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Wonder how much a plating shop would charge to nickle plate one. For the old timey look nickle is way better then chrome or silver.
might look for the thread on here about plating at home
Well what Im going to be using is a tin zinc plating and if it works I dont think it will be a high luster like chrome. Im betting on the nickel look myself. Im trying to stay to the way they've been done as much as possible. I should have a sample in a few days...I have this one ready to be plated just a picture I found on the net of an Indian headbadge....that I thought was cool so figured it would be a good one to try. So heres pictures of the one I etched in brass and the original picture I looked at.
Terry

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Oh boy, I like that Indian head badge. So if you have already done the artwork before, would that one be $23.00 including shipping? I think what you're doing could be a real service to the builders here.
SB

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well heres a sample of the plating that I did to my Indian badge.....I thinks it looks FREAK IN AWESOME..yea ok...I might be partial to my own work. But usually I am never really happy with my own stuff but I really like how this turned out. After looking at enough brass for the last 9 months to make any sailor get the shakes....a change in color is a welcome site....
Terry <-- ex sailor

Attachments

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
That is an amazing site,If it's possible to use existing gold chain etc to plate you could do the whole bike,gold finger eat your heart out lol

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I had missed this thread entirely until Doug713 sent me a link. I dreamed of a cool brass head badge but had no idea anyone was producing them. I had even worked out a design with Journeyman for a head badge logo in sticker form. Turns out the art work I had was even in the correct format for Terry to use. I purchased a few of these brass head badges and just received them today. Best $20 I ever spent. These things are just too cool! I will be buying more. When people say quality builds are all in the details they are right. This is one detail that really stands out. Check it out.
Thanks again Terry