Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle Welcome Forum > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Meet & greet your fellow motorized bicyclists, make introductions and even find others in your area.

Old 05-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Motorized Bicycle Newbie
Default Long time listener, first time caller!

Hi all,

A wonderful place you have got going on here! I originally built my project (attached) 2 years ago when I was unable to afford an insurance spike and needed transportation to take me within towns. After a recommendation from a friend, I purchased my very own 80/66cc motor for my bike!

Coming from a guy who thinks he has no actual mechanical acumen whatsoever, I thought I didn't do that bad of a job! I built this with NO forum knowledge whatsoever! I only discovered this place when I blew out my sprocket cassette.

GET THIS - I built this thing without following any pre-tuning recommendations whatsoever. I used stock hardware, tightened nothing, adjusted the chain myself and off I went! Thing has never let me down and has always been powerful. I've been lurking here for a good 2 months here and I have a new bike waiting for me to transfer this thing onto.

This time I'm going to do it right. I ordered a good mounting bracket for my 2" downtube on the new bike and replacement hardware all from SBP. Going for the shift kit when I get enough dough together.

I've narrowed down my questions! Awesome community guys! I LOVE this thing and want to go to the next level for sure!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Default Re: Long time listener, first time caller!

Thanks for calling in, and welcome to the show, er, forum. Your bike looks like it has seen a fair amount of kilometers, good job!
Old 05-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Hey I don't have the number to call in.

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

Socially Distorted
Old 05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Bikes, like cars look better when you can see they get driven and enjoyed. A little dirt, some oil drips and rock nicks in the paint are badges of honor.
Welcome to the forum. I hope you have as good a luck with all of the aftermarket parts you're planning on using as you did with your original build. You've obviously got a good grasp on what it takes to do it right so far. Enjoy, ride safe.
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"