Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

View Poll Results: How long has it taken
2 weeks or less 22 73.33%
2 weeks-1 month 3 10.00%
1-4 months 1 3.33%
4-8 months 3 10.00%
8+ months 1 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Default Re: How Long has it taken?

I can have a bike fully built & running perfectly in just over two hours!
For motorized bicycle sales, service & engine kits in Los Angeles, please visit us at-

Follow VMB on facebook>>>

Follow VMB on Instagram>>>
Old 05-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

These bikes are never done. One day builds 4 me.

Socially Distorted
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Comrade Alfonzo View Post
I started on one frame, didn't work so I found another and was ready to fire it up when I found out things werent clearing, now onto this one which I have fired up for an eighth of a mile. All it does is heave the tensioner into the spokes. Is it cheaper to get a new wheel or get it respoked, it's a mountain bike wheel. Also anyone that sells or is willing to fabricate a Chain tensioner that mounts in 2 points PM me. The chain tensioner has to be mounted very close to the sprocket because of narrow chainstays, and I don't want to space the wheel out much more.
Had this issue, then it just went away. Pulled the sprocket off even though it seemed perfect, re-mounted from scratch, and the problem went away. Also a BIG help is to wrap the inside with a layer or two of thin gasket paper. The stuff grips as good as it seals. You don't even have to torque the bolts down (but you probably should) and you can stand on the thing and it won't move. It also helps if you're throttle likes to move around when you twist it too hard.

BTW it's waay cheaper to re-spoke a wheel (my bike shop charges $1/spoke), and it's real easy to do. Measure it from the bend on the hub end to the end of the threads, then find one of those online conversion tools to calculate millimeters. For some reason, the size is in millimeters when you buy them. Don't worry if you're not 100% sure you're like dead on cuz even the guy at the bike shop said you could be +- a couple millimeters because of the length of the thread (5mm or so). Just as long as it threads in a decent amount and it doesn't poke the inner tube. Oh, and don't worry about a spoke wrench. A pair of vice grips work fine if you only have a couple to deal with. Even better if you take the tire off you can turn them with a flathead screwdriver.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Custom MB Buiilder
Cool Re: How Long has it taken?

let's see. 4 months to learn to read Chinese. Another week or so hanging out at schools waiting on the right bike, I like black 3 weeks to install it, no wait 5 weeks to install it. The muffler was pointing toward the back axle. Hmm, no wonder the chain was not long enough! Had to correct that. I tried to kick start it, but that didn't work. The boys hit the seat and it took two weeks to walk again. Pulled it to the curb and the next day it was gone! But the next day it was back with a note from the city that said "Even we have standards". So after that I got it started and rode almost a block before the chain came off. The pills the Doctor prescribed me help a lot. I ride it almost every day. But now I can't seem to get enough Fried rice. Good luck
Only Bikers know why dogs love to stick their heads out of car windows,
Old 05-31-2010, 11:24 AM

my quest has taken almost a year but ive changed bikes, with my current bike its been about 5 1/2
[FONT="Courier New"]
Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM

I built two china motor bikes in 2.5 hours each.
With a drill and hand tools, thats all you need.

The Franco Morini bike is taking a lot longer than I wanted due too unforseen shipping errors form the parts suppliers.

If I dont have some type of engine powered two wheel project going on I get pretty restless.
I've been known to jump on craigslist and drag home random bikes, much to the dismay of my GF. But she's been putting up with it for 5+ years now, so I think it's all good.

But dude, 10months? If something I order dosn't arrive in 10 days, there must be a problem and I call to complain.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:53 PM
Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I'm almost at two years.