Need to strip paint off chrome parts...

GoldenMotor.com

rockhopper

Mar 20, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Is there a good paint stripper for this application? One that won't damage the chrome? The chrome is in excellent shape.

Thanks in advance.

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I use aircraft stripper in a spray can; available at most auto parts stores. It takes the paint off with little effort (hose off) and doesn't effect chrome finish.

locell

Jan 16, 2010
mesa
if its a proper chrome, paint strippers wont hurt it. zissner spray on stripper is a good one

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
I know this thread is old but brake clean in the aerosol can from Checker, Auto Zone, etc... will take it right off. Safer than paint stripper. A guy I work with just had a can of stripper blow up from the summer heat all over his face recently. He's got really bad burns. He was lucky that none got into his eyes.

Pat

Last edited:

3turncarby

Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Hi rockhopper, the most safest-way and the cheapest at only $3- is to use soapy-steel-wool...the type with visible soap integrated into the steel-wool that you prior to use sulk in water for a few minutes until very foamy! Depending on the size of the job and elbow-grease you put-into it should come-up good as gold! For a better shine afterwards try brasso than a car wax to preserve polished-finish?? I've been doing this for over 20-years and you will only get as good as your work result.

3turncarby. Good luck! auflg

Is there a good paint stripper for this application? One that won't damage the chrome? The chrome is in excellent shape.

Thanks in advance.
at about