Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum  

Go Back   Motorized Bicycle Engine Kit Forum > Motorized Bicycle > Motorized Bicycle General Discussion

Motorized Bicycle General Discussion All topics regarding bicycles with engines.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member
Default Re: whistling motor

Originally Posted by psprat496 View Post
Oh, we'll that's most likely the sound of your clutch engaging. When you pull your clutch is it easily pulled or stiff?
its alway been kinda stiff,but its a smooth stiiff if you know wat i mean.i greased the small gear a few days ago,do i just pull the bar out and put grease on it?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Motorized Bicycle Senior Member

it honestly just sounds like the clutch cover, where the gears are located. trying holding your hand on it, hear it that dampens the vibration. You can buy a cover that dampens the noise and wont hear a screech or whistle. ""sickbikeparts"" pretty sure.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Motorized Bicycle Elite Member

Yes ,just a mild greasing ,all over it............Idle was why I thought of the bucking bar and ball ,under the cover w/the clutch lever in the center of the drive gear,,,a clutch cover damper (above) sounds good too.......If it doesn't stop,you might try small squirts of WD-40 where the intake manifold bolts on,, and carb. conector,etc looking fot a whistling air leak.