Blow By U First Production Build Felt Twin

GoldenMotor.com

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
I have been doing this kind of work since junior high and if you watched the whole video you would have heard me talking about that very thing. The reason why I did not need to do that is the metal is less than 1/8 aluminum and after 3 turns the tap is already though and the rest is just cleaning the threads. So with that said if you are going to spout off make sure you actually know what you are talking about other wise keep your mouth shut. But thanks for coming on my thread and showing every one what you realy know NOTHING.
I apologize Sir, for not watching your entire spellbinding video aand my scathing accusation. I do however know quite a bit about many things. Perhaps we should both step back and take our collective feet out of our mouths and act like Gentlemen?

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Now you are talking
There is a reason that the tapping went that way. You are right when tapping that is the rule and if the hole I was tapping was drilled to the correct size that is just the way it would have went I went to three different places to find the correct drill and none of the stores had the drill bit I was looking for. So that is why that tapping went that way thank you being big enough to bury the hatchet no need for squabling

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
CostalCruiser
Here is a video that shows how much pressure I put on the top tube tank. And when pressurizing motorcycle tanks checking for leaks they only pressurize to 8 to 14 PSI. In this video I go to 36 PSI if the tapping was not done well enough that filler neck would come shooting out of that tank. I think you can say with out a doubt the threads have taken quite nicely don't you?

YouTube - Felt Twin Test for Leaks Top Tube Tank Part 3

2dawgs

Feb 15, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
Terry,

I watched everyone of your tutorial videos and am very appreciative of your tireless dedication & well executed procedures. Because of your efforts, I feel compelled to tap & seal my MP and will do so with confidence. Job Well Done.

Can't wait to see the final product; I know it will be outstanding.

Cheers,

Steve

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
This may be a little "closing the barn door after the horses are out" but since you'll undoubtedly be doing this again you could install the filler neck with some rubber gaskets to do the initial pressure check then if the tank passes glue it in with the epoxy sealer and just leak check the filler.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Kevlarr
Thanks I'll give that a try. And Thanks 2dawgs I just want to point out you can do this mod to your MP. But the filler necks washer won't work on the MP you may have to hand make a washer out of pipe so you can get a deep enough groove to match the curve on the MP.

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
Hey magicalpancake I was just sit and watching TV and you poped into my head and my thought was I got a email from Justin @ Pirate cycles telling me about his new product it is a chain idler it almost exactly the same as the Ridley one but black and since your going to get a ridley filler neck the best place to go is to Justin and get the tensioner as well. And if you do tell him I sent you I'm sure he will get a kick out of that
Cheers
Terry
I was wondering what to do for a chain tensioner. The ridley one is riduclously expensive =) Thanks for the info. I just got my TWIN today. Beautiful bike! Now.. the 5.8hp morini or 9.5hp morini.... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :D

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hey Pancake I was thinking again you know the twin is aluminum and as much as like the Morini I infact I don't care about the 2 strokes you can buy for bicycles. But I love the Morini it is a true power house for a motorcycle not a fancy weedwacker engine like the ones I don't like. I do have a concern for you and I think it is something you need to research is will the twin with it's aluminum frame take the vibration of a two stroke of that type. Something you should look in to would suck if you constantly crack that frame I will start look as well

magicalpancake

Jul 6, 2009
Denver
You know you're absolutely right. I was thinking the same thing when I first made the decision to buy an MP or Twin at the beginning. I realized that I would probably be biting off way more then I could chew with the aluminum one with such a build. I figured I'd have alittle bit more experience before I jumped into doing a twin. Instead of the standard two motor mounts I may have a 3rd mount made for the top (probably welded to frame) custom urethane mounts for down tube and seat post mounts. If I take enough precautionary measures I may just extend the life of the frame. It's not if it'll break/crack it's when? =D

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
There you go as long as you get all of your mounts welded with proper rubber mounts you should be ok. I don't think urethane is right that may be too stiff you should be able to find some solid rubber for your mounting. Are you going to start a build thread ?? I hope so I will be watching with great interest.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi guys I have not been adding to this build for the last little while I have been cramming for a training programs entrance exam. I passed with 75% the bad news is the training instructor quit LOL must have known I was coming. So I have added the (Por 15) to the tank the next thing will be to pressurize the tank. Then the bike will come together fast. If you didn't know this Billy Goat Green has been entered in a build off in the 4 stoke bicycles and engine kits section http://motorbicycling.com/f37/hf-contest-any-bike-4-stroke-18912.html OK so see you in the next video

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi every one the long wait for videos is over I spent 7 hours on an 11 part series on how to properly install the 4G engine mount also had a forum member saw me do a video on the HS carb and I was wearing a wedding ring not that I was at risk. He knows I am making lots of videos of this type and asked me to cover some safety issues for people new to this type of work. So in the videos i cover some safe working practices I hope you like the videos these where the hardest to do videos I have done to date I will post them as the are ready they are uploading to youtube right now
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi all I wanted to pressurize the tank tonight but I think I burnt my self out on the week end. I'm going to take the night off and give it a go tomorrow.
Cheers
Terry